Santander Global Technology (SGT) is the team of technology and operations at Santander. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that out work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of on-premise and cloud-based platforms.
Santander is proud of being an organization where there are equal opportunities regardless of gender identity, culture and disability. Our mission is to contribute to help more people and business prosper.
As a Markets Enterprise Architect, you will you will be responsible for the support of the SCIB CTO to deliver the strategic agenda of the division, leading strategic projects and the activities required to govern the division on an ongoing basis.
We need someone like you to help us in different fronts:
- Detailed review of requirements, functionality, and business impact of the new projects and initiatives within SCIB.
- Design and definition of the projects, making sure the solution provided is consistent with the global architecture. Close collaboration and proactivity to engage with SCIB leadership and global teams to push local and global SCIB initiatives.
- Coordinate the different geographies and asset classes to provide homogeneous and reusable solutions. Significant influencing of senior stakeholders, at all levels, is required as well as leadership experience to prioritize competing demands and deliver to tight timeframes.
- Liaise with support areas such as regulatory and operations.
- Control and governance across the different aspects for each project (Functional, technical, cloud, APIs, cybersecurity…)
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Treasury and Markets
- Experience leading Global cross- business/ geographies strategic initiatives highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar. MBA / Master in finance would be valuable.
- Proactive, creative and hard-working candidate with high analytical and problem-solving skills (consulting experience valuable).
- Deep knowledge of Treasury and Markets products across the different asset classes and different geographies.
- Knowledge of regulatory, compliance and operations requirements and procedures for market’s activities
- Knowledge of trading and booking platforms for financial instruments
- Experience in implementing workflow and end-to-end solutions amongst the different departments
- Relevant experience in Agile methodologies
- Solid communication skills written and verbal, both in English and Spanish.
- Excellent organization skills, experience in planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Effective and goal-oriented. Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- The candidate will be based in Madrid
- Full readiness to travel