We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel industry.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion—by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
In spite of the ongoing global pandemic, we’re continuously growing and adapting to the situation. We’re turning lemons into lemonade—because we’re innovators. We’ve even developed TravelCare, our very own travel risk management tool, to ensure business travelers are safe and sound before, during, and after their trips. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
We are looking for an TechOps Manager that will drive TravelPerk’s TechOps & IT needs to success based in Barclona or London.
Your role will be all about managing technology and innovation, ensuring that we use the best technology that is scalable and secure. In return, you’ll get the chance to develop professionally by leading a core business component at one of the fastest growing SaaS start-ups in the world.
In this role, you should have proven experience in managing SaaS/cloud technologies, as well as great communication skills and leadership experience. If you love technology and innovation, we’d like to meet you.
What will my day look like?
As a TechOps Manager we require that you are confident in:
- Establishing and maintaining cloud / SaaS tools in a scalable and secure manner
- Enabling business continuity and change management through tools and processes
- Identifying opportunities for innovation, allowing us to work smarter, not harder
- Managing a team of IT and TechOps specialist
- Focus on metrics to reduce tickets through better technology, configuration and automation
- Lead the strategy for the IT/TechOps department according to business needs
- Owning a mature and complex IT budget, while avoiding unnecessary spend
What Skills and Experience are required?
- People management in a tech environment
- SaaS technologies such as G-Suite, BambooHR and Slack
- Experience in dealing with network infrastructure, help-desk and endpoint management
- Experience of managing a budget & forecast
- Ideally experience in a very similar environment with hyper-growth and fast pace
- Knowledge of best practices like ITIL and ISO 27001 would be highly advantageous
- University degree in Computer Science would be beneficial but not mandatory
- 5+ years of hands on, relevant experience in an IT/technical role
- 2+ years experience in people management, being responsible for the career and wider needs of a team
- A security-orientated mindset and a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- Vacation days: 24 in Spain, 25 in the UK
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time.
- Health perks, these vary depending on your location (private healthcare in Spain and UK).
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
Flexible Work Policy
- Until local governments and health professionals say it is safe to work from an office, TravelPerk will offer you 100% remote working from the country you are employed in.
- Once it is safe, you will need to be based in or relocate to Spain or the UK.
- You can be based anywhere in the country you are employed from but we will require you to travel to the office hub in your country in either Barcelona or London twice per week.
- In addition, every six weeks you will be required to travel to an office hub location for 3 to 5 days to meet with your whole team and sometimes the rest of the company for an event.
- You may be asked to take part in a voluntary on-call rota with additional compensation.
We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.