Wallapop was founded in 2013. We are the marketplace for second-hand goods in Spain. With more than 8 million searches per day and over 10 million users across Spain with a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products, we exist to empower people to promote a more conscious and human way of consumption. We achieve this by bringing together the scale and simplicity of classifieds with the convenience and the reach of the marketplace to create the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
Wallapop takes pride in having an open culture, where every opinion matters and everybody contributes in many different ways; through different internal cross-functional clubs aligning with people’s passions and interests.
We count 26 nationalities within our employee base and we operate in 2 languages: Spanish and English - this makes us pretty fun and special. While in most cases we are not attached to one language or the other, we encourage talent to embrace both languages and be able to operate outside their comfort zone. To ensure success we facilitate group and individual Spanish and English classes as part of our working day.
Our company values are:
We are One Team: Communicative, trusting and inclusive
We Dream & Deliver: Creative, impactful, pragmatic
We Aim for Simplicity: Intentional, uncomplicated, humble
We Learn & Grow: Constructive feedback, curiosity
We organize ourselves into topic teams and embrace agile practices.
Here at Wallapop we are constantly looking at how can we improve as a company. While we already have existing processes and strategies regarding QA, and while we expect you to work comfortably with them, the key of this role is that you have a mindset for challenging status quo and a strong motivation for continuous improvement towards our current QA strategy and processes. We expect you to fully understand our current situation and based on that lead change initiatives that impact positively in our teams. You will be coordinating with a wide range of different roles, including developers, designers, product managers, engineering managers and the QA team itself. We expect that you are able to make effective proposals with a deep understanding of different goals and needs and that you communicate effectively with all these different roles. Finally, we are growing significantly, so we also expect you to be comfortable with agile environments and change. What works today might not be prepared for our planned growth, so you will be helping us there as well.
What You Will Do
- Help defining User Stories and its acceptance criteria
- Collaborating in taking decisions with the team
- Be an active part of QA initiatives, whether you come up with ideas, collaborate to make it happen, or even lead initiatives themselves
- Being proactive and helping member of your multidisciplinar team to improve processes and overall quality of their delivery
- Encourage test automation with our engineers and relevant stakeholders
- Assess risks and help defining the testing strategy for each piece of work
- Manage test dataManagement of testing tools, error reporting, results reporting and metrics
- Perform exploratory and regression testing
- Help the team and participate in the definition of ATDD/BDD tests
- Analyze the test pyramid coverage and ensure that the right tests run at the right place.
- Promote whole team testing culture
What We’re Looking For
- Coach developers on contributing to Wallapop test scenarios
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing process
- Identify the relevant testing approaches and when and how to use them
- Usage of most relevant techniques to advance the test approach.
- Experience in analysis, verification, and follow-up of bugs
- Experience with Agile development process
- Be able to read unitary and integration test
- Knowledge of test automation and encourage its use
- Foundational programming skills
- Experience with Web/Mobile based testing applications
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycles
What Would Impress Us
- Capacity to drive changes to engineering practices to improve quality assurance
- Comfortable deploying code to test environments through the deployment framework
- Be able to implement and advise full CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of SQL Scripts and able to write SQL to work with Databases
- Knowledge of macro architectures
- AWS understanding
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our hiring process:
* PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID19 SITUATION ALL INTERVIEWS TAKE PLACE REMOTELY OVER HANGOUTS*
- Intro Call - ran by talent acquisition. It will take 30-45 minutes and will focus on giving you more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience and expectations.
- Take-home test - you will be assigned a test that you should complete in few days which is aimed at assessing your technical skills required for the role.
- Competency Interview - ran by talent acquisition and hiring manager. We will focus on gaining insights and understanding of how you operate in the workplace and your fit to our values. This usually takes 45 min to 1 hour.
- Practical interview - ran by the hiring team and relevant stakeholders across other functions. The focus will be on assessing your ability to apply your skillset to the wallapop context.
- Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.
What we will offer you
- Flexible working hours
- Reduced hours on Fridays
- Personal learning budget
- English/Spanish lessons
- Encouraging, fun and team-focused offsite trips twice a year
- Team building activities
- Private Health Insurance (Cigna)
- Gym discounts
- Free office sports classes (currently online weekly classes due to the covid situation)
- Other benefits paid from the gross salary (kindergarten check, food check, transport check).
- Extended maternity/paternity leave
- New born or adoption bonus
- Referral Program & charity donation
- Tax Advice
- Free shipping and bumps plan monthly on the wallapop product
- As we are currently all working from home for the foreseeable future, Wallapop contributes 30EUR towards your wifi monthly as part of your salary
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your wallahome office