CoverWallet, an Aon company, is the leading digital insurance platform for small and medium-sized businesses. We are dedicated to making insurance simple, fast and convenient so that businesses around the world can get the protection they need and get back to what matters most - growing and managing their business. Powered by deep analytics, thoughtful design, and state-of-the-art technology, CoverWallet is reinventing the $200 billion commercial insurance market for small and medium-sized businesses.
CoverWallet is the easiest way for businesses to understand, buy, and manage insurance online and has been recognized as a CNBC Upstart 100, won the Best Insurtech Solution from the Benzinga Awards and was named “One of the Most Entrepreneurial Companies in America” by Entrepreneur Magazine.
We have built an incredible team of ~ 350 people (60% in New York and 40% between Madrid and Valencia).
As a part of Aon, a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions with 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries, CoverWallet has the mentality and culture of a high-growth startup with the backing and support of a global multinational company.
CoverWallet is seeking a passionate and seasoned Organic expert to join the Marketing & Communications team in Madrid, Spain. As Head of Organic, you will be responsible for customer acquisition from our organic channels including, but not limited to Organic search.
The role requires a highly analytical data-driven marketer to create and execute a comprehensive strategy and roadmap, encompassing initiatives across SEO (on/offsite) and inbound marketing. The ideal candidate is someone with hands-on experience with performance driven organic search initiatives at a high growth company or media agency.
You will work closely with all cross-functional teams, including Sales leadership and prospecting teams, as well as our Product and Engineering teams, located in US and Spain.
What You’ll Do
- Use data to identify opportunities, prioritize initiatives and optimize efforts to drive customer acquisition growth across SEO and inbound marketing.
- Support the business with international expansion by setting up the architecture of multiple international website that we are building across EU.
- Optimize SEO on page content, landing pages, resources, and blog content.
- Identify opportunities for content generation and build a content plan that will drive traffic, authority and brand awareness across multiple geographies.
- Identify top keywords that drive business value. Respectively set and implement the plan to improve ranking and conversion rate.
- Build awareness and discoverability offsite, via outreach and link-building initiatives that will increase CW brand authority and recognition.
- Stay on top and adapt to key trends by keeping track of search engines algorithm changes, competitors initiatives, and industry best practices.
- Audit organic growth initiatives, identify issues, test and find solutions to constantly and efficiently improve performance.
- Drive innovation in process, automation, and scalability of customer acquisition strategies. Embrace a “test-measure-learn-iterate” approach.
- Periodically monitor SEO key performance indicators, providing reports and status updates to stakeholders.
- Success in this role means developing organic marketing initiatives that drive the following KPIs: Improved ranking and engagement of top keywords and searches, growth in qualified traffic, new customer acquisition and conversion from organic channels, customer engagement with our products and retention, and higher customer lifetime value.
What We Seek
- 6+ years of experience in SEO, organic search traffic, and inbound marketing.
- Proactive, energetic self-starter who thrives on getting things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior project management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives in a deadline-driven environment.
- Technical expertise on-site optimizations.
- Proficient understanding of SEO platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Ahrefs, AWR, Google Webmaster tools) with a track record of distilling and successfully executing actionable insights.
- Highly analytical and number-driven, well-organized and skilled at navigating data and multiple KPIs.
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets user. Exposure to BI platforms is a plus: Tableau, Looker.
- Eager to learn, strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and relationship management skills. High proficiency in English (oral and written) is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A Masters or advanced professional degree in Advertising, Marketing, or similar is preferred
What we offer:
- The possibility to disrupt one of the biggest industries, and in one of the most developed digital markets in the world.
- Great offices in New York, Madrid, and near the beach in Valencia.
- Competitive and flexible compensation (tickets restaurant, transport card, daycare checks, and external training)
- Annual variable bonus.
- Company-paid Life and Accident Insurance, and Medical insurance as benefits.
- Flexible working hours
- Team building activities: hackathon, meetups and tech talks in the office, code katas.
- A fun, multicultural and fast-paced environment.