We want to revolutionize online business education through technology and the best user experience. ThePowerMBA is an online business school with thousands of students across the globe (now as ThePowerMBA Global) with an incredible growth rate year over year. We are now about 200 employees from many diverse backgrounds making the goal of democratizing business education a reality all together.
Come join us in this exciting journey!
You will work closely with a team of talented professionals with different skillsets in a cross-functional business-oriented team as part of the Technology area, coordinated by our CTO Rafael Casuso, who has more than 15 years of experience developing software products and building and managing value-development teams.
Mid Backend Developer
You will establish ways to complete your tasks with great quality, creating communication channels inside the team and other teams, creating estimations, proper resource and time management. Participation in defining process of milestones for a new project. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills, problem-solving skills, and a passion for applying their expertise the best way. You will collaborate closely with Design, Frontend Developers, and QA to spec, build, test, and deploy new ideas. Our best fit would be an experienced developer who brings their wisdom gained in a fast-paced environment and is ready to have their voice heard in a smaller office environment.
What will you do with us?
- Write efficient, reusable and documented code
- Write unit tests as part of each task
- Develop new functionalities to meet product team requirements
- Maintain the current platform so that the customer experience is seamless
- Provide all necessary tasks completing which correlated not only to code writing but important for project configuration / setup / debug etc.
- Deployment code to real (customer) environment.
- Work in a cross-functional team formed by Developers, UX/UI Designers, QAs and Value Managers, in which your opinion is always heard and taken into account
- Constantly learn and participate in the Continuous Delivery of Value at a Sustainable Pace following the Forum Agile methodology (https://forumagile.org)
What we need from you
- You’ve got more than 3 years of experience working on backend applications with NodeJS
- You've got more than 2 years of experience with MongoDB and Amazon Web Services
- You work with ES6+ and you know Express
- Optimizing performance is always at the top of your mind
- On your daily basis you work with tools such as GIT, SASS, Webpack, NPM
- You are used to work on an Agile environment, and you embrace its practices
- You are a person that has constant desire to learn and the ability to learn quickly
- Being a team player!
- You feel comfortable expressing yourself in English
What we offer
- Salary range €41 - 45K
- Remote work
- €1K budget for Learning (books, technical courses, tech events, etc) per year
- Ticket Restaurant & Transportation (Cobee)
- Intensive workdays all Fridays and all days during July and August
- Hardware of your choice