Hi, we’re Nexthink. We’re not just the leader in the digital employee experience category, we invented the category. Our solutions combine real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints to help IT teams delight people at work. Our cloud-native platform pinpoints issues and solutions, automates response, and helps companies continuously improve their employees’ experience, making them more productive, efficient, and happy at work. We have millions of endpoints deployed, we’ve surpassed $100M in ARR, and we’ve recently secured $180M in Series D financing for a company valuation of $1.1B, but we’re just getting started.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to play a major role in the company. The candidate should be heavily motivated by the product and experienced in Software development, DevOps activities and Cloud-Native stacks.
As a Platform Software Engineer, you will help us industrialize the release pipeline by building infrastructure as code that will be deployed on AWS to support the requirements of the different feature teams, security and some other stakeholders.
You will be the owner of some of the infrastructure services (like API Gateway, database clusters, etc.) helping with the SLI/SLO definition and contributing to the implementation that will support them. If you are highly motivated and results-driven, you have a high sense of service ownership, constantly learning and enhancing your skills, you are open to feedback and you like being accountable and work within a team, then, do not hesitate to apply.
- Develop infrastructure components thru IaC that will be automatically deployed on multiple cloud regions
- Develop automated CI/CD pipelines to deploy the infrastructure and proactive monitoring
- Monitoring and reliability. Use and own the specifications of our tooling set related to monitoring, telemetry, reliability, and automation to assess the health of the data pipeline based on Nexthink workloads.
- Manage the availability of the infrastructure services (like K8s, Kafka, DB clusters, API gateways, …). Understand and be able to communicate the scale, capacity, security, redundancy, and performance attributes and requirements.
- Incident management and response. Detect, diagnose and fix incidents finding solutions to achieve required Service Levels. Owner of the post-mortem process of such incidents by writing technical content both for customers and internal stakeholders.
- Work with architects, team leads, and developers in activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Contribute to Nexthink tooling and automation framework for provisioning and scaling the infrastructure, with a particular focus on resiliency and elasticity strategies.
- Experience administering and deploying on cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.), using infrastructure as code (Cloud Formation, Terraform, etc.),
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet)
- Knowledge of deployment automation through Jenkins.
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as Prometheus, Grafana and others.
- At ease with operating and managing production systems, solving issues striking the right balance between urgency and methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
Valued Optional Experience
- Experience with AWS managed services.
- Experience working with Kubernetes and writing custom operators.
- Experience with services on Linux systems.
We are a fast-paced growing company, and we are hiring and growing a lot in our Madrid office. If you are looking for a change and like a nice atmosphere, lots of challenges, and having fun while working, this is a great opportunity for you!
- Permanent Contract and a competitive compensation package (Stock Options also included)
- Private Health Insurance (Sanitas) and monthly restaurant tickets (Edenred) will be entirely covered by us.
- Up to 25 EUR per month for a gym subscription.
- Flexible retribution plan for kindergarten & transport tickets.
- Flexible Hours and unlimited vacation (employees have unlimited paid time off on top of the 23 days of holidays we offer).
- We reimburse up to 50% of the cost of English & Spanish classes.
- Amazing centrally located offices near the Bernabeu Stadium.
- Fresh fruit, cookies, and occasionally some soft drinks as well.
- Regular company and team events like Pizza talks, Team Building activities, Christmas parties, hosting Meetups at the office and more! (COVID permitting).
- We offer a relocation package to people who are coming from another country.
We are 900+ employees strong in 21 countries across 8 different time zones speaking 60+ languages. We are positive, we get things done, we keep growing, and we are one team, we are Nexthink. We believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.