At Santander, you can be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services. To do so, we are transforming our Technology function, with 500+ new hires planned for this 2020.
We are looking for professionals like you, with the skills and competencies required for the development of digital solutions for the creation, implementation and evolution of the new Global Platforms required for Santander Group all over the world.
And on top of a meaningful job, we care about you. At Santander, this means creating a workplace that respects your individuality and supports you to enjoy life outside work. You will enjoy flexible working conditions, a global wellbeing program, BeHealthy, and will be entitled to spend a certain number of hours each month volunteering.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As the Global Azure/AWS Lead Architect we need somebody like you to help us in different fronts to:
- Provide thought technical leadership and contribute to the definition of Azure/AWS Cloud Strategy and Architecture.
- Provide architectural support on how to design highly scalable, flexible, resilient, secure and cost-effective cloud architectures helping the Group to understand advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud.
- Define the Azure/AWS Public Cloud architecture standards, guidelines, and best practices for large scale technology solutions providing knowledge in enterprise IT: open systems application and infrastructure, network and system management solutions, security, monitoring, IT Operations and processes, DevOps, APIs.
- Monitor Azure/AWS usage and optimize configuration in order to reduce operation costs.
- Assure a proper governance over the cloud platform and every single resources that composes the cloud solution.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- University Degree
- Post-graduate will be a plus
- +6 years’ experience as a Cloud Architect
- At least 2 years of proven experience in complex/high volume Cloud Architectures on Azure Confidential and AWS
- Be used to the Agile ways of working
- Fluent in English and Spanish written and spoken
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of concepts, applications, technologies of cloud computing; ability to design and develop systems architectures that fulfil the cloud computing services.
- Knowledge of and ability to develop and modify enterprise architecture through conceptual, logical and physical approaches.
- Knowledge of the process, tools and methods for network architecture and design; ability to capture requirements and translate them into blueprints for wireline, wireless and hybrid network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of methods and tools to develop a blueprint for the future state of IT; ability to develop the roadmap of it, while aligning the architecture and processes with business strategies and objectives.
- Knowledge of tools, methods, and techniques of requirement analysis; ability to elicit, analyse and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.
- Strong Knowledge of Azure/AWS Cloud Platform.
Other skills required
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organizing
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Analytical Thinking
- Continuous Transformation
- Communicating Complex Concepts
- Decision making and critical thinking
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Strategic Thinking
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Flexiworking: we have more than 10 flexibility measures to facilitate the balance between professional and personal life, such as flexible entry/exit time or telecommuting.
- Daily lunch grant: you can have your meal at the restaurants of Santander Group City or use the take out option.
- You will be part of “Familia Santander”: with special financing conditions in mortgages and other financial products.
- Access to “Santander Contigo” program: to help you and your family when you need it giving support on different issues such as legal and emotional advice or management, up to a 24-hour personal assistant.
- Flexible Benefits Plan: you can advantageously obtain different benefits such as health insurance, kindergarten, training courses/masters or the Public Transport Card of Madrid.
- Prime office space, with on premise gym, hairdresser, convenience store and many other amenities.
- Multiple discounts for e-commerce, trips or restaurants with Santander Benefits platform.
- Life insurance
- Parking, which includes places for bicycles and electric cars.
- Equality Plan
- And more important: a team proud of diversity and concerned about sustainability.
At Santander you will enjoy #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper.
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles.
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment.
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field.
- Global stability - Work for a solid global organization that has successfully reinvented itself many times in its 160- year history.
If you want to know more about us, follow us on https://es.linkedin.com/company/banco-santander