Paack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are multicultural, multilingual, highly qualified, entrepreneurial and, inherently, we like to work hard. We enjoy all the challenges of scaling a global technology and logistics business, and we face them with ambition.
The engineering team has a flat management structure. The teams are organized by products. Technical decisions are made as a team taking in the feedback and thought process of the engineers. Team members are free to move between different teams based on the feedback of their team members and status of their project.
We work from different locations across the globe in different time zones. We follow agile practices like sprint planning, daily standup and retrospectives through Slack and perform pair programming sessions and weekly engineering talks.
About the job
We are looking for senior and junior cloud architects to join our platform engineering team and to shape and implement our cloud-native e-commerce delivery platform. We are disruptors. The future is for us to build together as we engage on this transformation journey. And, there is no need to worry about the maintenance of any legacy applications.
- Act as our expert Google Cloud architect, responsible for solution proposal / architecture on various cloud business opportunities.
- Understand the myriad and ever-growing landscape of PaaS components offered by Google Cloud and design unique solutions to best suit our delivery requirements.
- Engage with our product team to understand the technical / non-technical requirements and lead the solution proposal with architecture.
- Lead cloud solutions development with engineers and participate in architectural and framework designs.
- Provide architecture and Google Cloud consulting to various engineering teams and assist with the delivery of new data sources, new cloud-native applications, new cloud-native microservices and cloud tools integrations.
- Create candidate patterns which can be used by engineers to meet workstream needs.
- Propose new cloud Paas components adoption.
- Be outspoken in meetings and generate new ideas for the team.
We are strict believers in testing and building software based on solid principles. We automate everything from development, deployment and infrastructure. We also have an open communication channel with our users to understand their needs.
What are we looking for?
If you’re a Google Cloud wizard, a hands-on person, a structured change agent and are looking for a new business challenge, then keep on reading…
- Strong experience as an enterprise architect with hands-on run experience on Google Cloud.
- One or more GCP certifications including Professional Cloud Architect certification.
- Proven experience with Google Cloud landing zone, BigQuery, VMs, Docker, Kubernetes, Data Stores, Pub-Sub, Istio etc.
- Ability to provide a technical solution from the point of functional, non-functional, technology roadmap and cost/benefit perspective.
- Well versed with the concept of API microservices and its applicability.
- Familiar with CI/CD, DevOps tool chains and procedures.
- Familiar with Identity and Access Management principles and tools and with security implementation and assessment.
- Good understanding of infrastructure and network security, API development, API platform offerings.
- Must have good technical design drafting skills with excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Be good in research, analysis to be able to make right technical assessment and recommendations.
- Strong programming skills in modern languages across the stack (e.g. Go, Node, Ruby, Python, React, Angular, etc.)
- Takes pride in ownership of work.
- Cares about improving the productivity of the other team members.
- Likes to work iteratively, start simple and scale fast.
- Ability to thrill in a fast-pace environment.
- Experience of operating at a senior level in a team of skilled technical individuals.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Persistence and dedication.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to build strong and effective working relationships on an ongoing basis.
Because to lead the online market delivery revolution we need enthusiastic, energetic, and committed people. People, who also bring strong expertise in their professional area and have a learning mindset.
If you commit to bring all the above, we do commit to:
- A great project in a fast-growing start-up, which is revolutionizing last mile delivery in major European cities (London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, etc).
- A place for people to grow and build a successful career being part of a unique Team, both human and professional.
- Collaborative work environment, we are passionate about new ideas and suggestions.
- Permanent contract.
- Flexible remote work schedule.
Who will be part of your team?
Olivier Colinet (Chief Product & Technology Officer): ex-Googler and founding member of Google Cloud in EMEA
Suraj Shirvankar (Chief Technology Officer): Paack co-founder