Paack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are multicultural, multilingual, highly qualified, entrepreneurial and, inherently, we like to work hard. We enjoy all the challenges of scaling a global technology and logistics business, and we face them with ambition.
The engineering team has a flat management structure. The teams are organized by products. Technical decisions are made as a team taking in the feedback and thought process of the engineers. Team members are free to move between different teams based on the feedback of their team members and status of their project.
We work from different locations across the globe in different time zones. We follow agile practices like sprint planning, daily standup and retrospectives through Slack and perform pair programming sessions and weekly engineering talks.
About the job
We are looking for a network engineer to join our platform engineering team as the first cloud Netops/SRE hire to optimize, manage, and protect our cloud-native best-in-class and fully-automated development, staging, and production environments.
- Design, configure and support our global network infrastructure, collaborating across multiple teams to optimize for proprietary low latency applications.
- Responsible for the reliability, availability and network performance of our cloud-based applications.
- Responsible for the technical delivery of the networking solution from high level design to delivery and transition to service.
- Support and troubleshoot a hybrid wireless and wired high performance network environment.
- Take an automated, data driven approach to diagnosing and solving complex network infrastructure issues.
- Leverage automation skills and take a “net ops” approach to improve efficiency of network management, deployment and maintenance of proprietary applications.
- Propose new cloud networking features adoption.
- Be outspoken in meetings and generate new ideas for the team.
We are strict believers in testing and building software based on solid principles. We automate everything from development, deployment and infrastructure. We also have an open communication channel with our users to understand their needs.
What are we looking for?
If you’re a Google Cloud wizard, a hands-on person, a structured change agent and are looking for a new business challenge, then keep on reading…
- Famliar with Google Cloud networking configuration and security capabilities.
- Proven hands-on network and security experience CCNP or higher understanding of networking protocols (e.g., GRE, IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- Hands on experience with configuring and installing various network devices and services including; routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, GRE, QoS).
- A solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network and security diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Thorough knowledge of Security technologies such as – NGFWs (Palo Alto).
- Familiar with automation tools (Terraform).
- CCNP / CCIE level of certification is preferred.
- Experience working with Network monitoring tools.
- Passion for new and emerging technology, able to adapt to new processes and practices (i.e. software designed networks).
- Likes to work iteratively, start simple and scale fast.
- Ability to thrill in a fast-pace environment.
- Experience of operating at a senior level in a team of skilled technical individuals.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Persistence and dedication.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to build strong and effective working relationships on an ongoing basis.
Because to lead the online market delivery revolution we need enthusiastic, energetic, and committed people. People, who also bring strong expertise in their professional area and have a learning mindset.
If you commit to bring all the above, we do commit to:
- A great project in a fast-growing start-up, which is revolutionizing last mile delivery in major European cities (London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, etc).
- A place for people to grow and build a successful career being part of a unique Team, both human and professional.
- Collaborative work environment, we are passionate about new ideas and suggestions.
- Permanent contract.
- Flexible remote work schedule.
Who will be part of your team?
Olivier Colinet (Chief Product & Technology Officer): ex-Googler and founding member of Google Cloud in EMEA
Suraj Shirvankar (Chief Technology Officer): Paack co-founder