Wallbox is a global company, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy. We do this by creating smart charging systems that combine innovative technology with outstanding design and manage the communication between vehicle, grid, building, and charger.
Founded in 2015, with headquarters in Barcelona and selling already in over 80+ countries, our mission is to facilitate the adoption of electric vehicles today to make more sustainable use of energy tomorrow. Our talent has no borders - we welcome over 700 Wallboxers from over 45 nationalities in Europe, Asia, and the Americas!
We’re now the first Spanish unicorn listed on the NYSE ($WBX) and have been recently named amongst LinkedIn’s top 3 Spanish startups.
In day-to-day life, you will see our core values shining through our Wallboxers. The passion and dedication towards our mission will hit you the moment you walk through our doors - and there’s no feeling like it.
Our journey is not plain sailing - it requires proactive, flexible and top performing individuals who are committed to the world of sustainable mobility. But one thing is for sure - it's going to be a fun ride!
The question is: are you ready to change the world with us?
The Senior System Validation Engineer will work to define and implement the test strategy and participate into the test campaigns to ensure the quality of Wallbox products.
What do we mean by “validation”?
In Wallbox, the Validation team, as part of the Tech department, covers the testing of the whole solution for all the products we define, develop, produce and sell as a company during the design phase. As a whole solution we mean we are in charge of the Black (sometimes Grey) Box Testing of not just the EV charger but also the integration of the FW and Embedded SW with different HW variants, its interaction with the Cloud and user Front Ends (iOS and Android Apps, Web-based portals…) and the communication with other accessories and equipment (eg. solar panels, power meters, etc).
Experience dealing with HW testing is really useful. But our work involves also a lot of strategies and tasks very common in more SW-oriented validation projects/companies. If you have never tested or validated HW but have a strong QA mindset and no fear to see the SW really working in a device in the lab, this can be a really cool challenge for you!
- Evaluate product requirements and work with product managers during the elicitation phase
- Work closely with Software, Firmware, and Hardware Engineers to understand the product and define a correct release test strategy
- Define and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes. Define and implement test environments to execute validation plans.
- Continuously improve validation plans and test setups
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system. Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes. Report defects to software developers.
- Experience working with Python or other OOP language (Java, C#, C++)
- 5+ years of experience in Validation/QA/Testing
- Open-mind and proactive attitude
- Communicate well and be willing to engage with your teammates in group problem solving
- Fluency in English
Nice to have:
- Experience in Robot Framework, Cucumber or other Test Management frameworks
- Experience working with Git and Gitflow
- Experience in HiL (Hardware in the Loop) systems
- Experience with web application test automation using Selenium
- Experience with mobile application test automation using Appium
- Experience using CI/CD tools like Gitlab or Jenkins
- Understanding in Electronics
- Half-day Fridays!
- First class private health insurance after your first month at Wallbox
- Online group training sessions twice a week & other out of office activities
- Use one of our EVs for a weekend and/or a week (car sharing) and test our products in your home (beta testing) to become a valuable source of feedback
- Free online language classes (Spanish & English) twice a week
- Flexible compensation valid for restaurants & food delivery apps, transportation, childcare, and learning & development.
- Hundreds of discounts in different brands & services with our Wallbox Circle benefits platform
- Car discounts & special advantages if you choose an EV!
- Smartpoint for all your online orders & services at our offices
- Free coffee & soft drinks to fuel those tough Monday mornings
- Variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, at a discounted price at our canteen
- Learn and grow in a company of over 45 nationalities and counting!
- No suits! Unless it's Carnival or Halloween