One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 270 people from more than 30 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the Role
At Typeform we believe in the Quality Assistance model: we've been introducing QA engineers at Typeform to help our teams do better software. The Quality team exists not to test our software on every release, but to help teams get better at it.
We have around 20 cross-functional teams devoted to:
- Developing new product functionalities.
- Enhance user experience through experimentation and A/B testing.
- Maintaining a healthy and performant platform and infrastructure.
We have a modern stack made out of several React applications backed by dozens of microservices written in PHP and Go. Each project is independent and we deploy several times per day.
At typeform we are pixel-perfect and we really care for our User eXperience that is why quality has a main role at the company.
What you’ll do:
- Become part of our cross-functional teams at times in order to develop their testing skills, processes and testing strategies.
- Align and collaborate with the rest of the quality team (inc. tools engineers) to promote consistency, identify common needs, build tools, etc.
- Measure quality and identify areas for improvement through the use of metrics.
- Contribute to our software projects, potentially pairing with other devs, to improve our test suite and other quality aspects of the platform.
Here's what we are after:
- 3+ years of experience in the Software industry - even better if you worked with product companies before!
- A proactive team player that collaborates with others to find solutions.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- You develop with a quality-oriented mindset and you are comfortable with TDD and BDD.
- You have experience in building, testing and monitoring both the frontend and the backend of an application. Here we use Cypress, Puppeteer and Codecept.io. Our app is mostly written in React and Go.
- Any experience with performance, visual, contract and security testing is a plus.
- Understanding of agile processes from a quality perspective: Story definition, acceptance criteria, three amigos, retrospectives, etc.
- Deep understanding and practical experience of CI/CD practices.
- Good analysis skills to define the right testing strategy for the project.