In Packlink we want to be the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
We are building the best shipping platform for private customers and businesses. Shipping is a complex business and small to medium businesses need a solution to the problems shipping brings into their day to day work. With our technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience delivering a premium service to their customers.
At Packlink Engineering team we are looking for our new colleagues, people eager to join a motivated high impact team to improve our product and systems. You'll find a friendly and welcoming work environment.
You will bring your people and leadership skills to work with talented people to understand their needs and help them progress through their career.
To achieve this we work in interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities.
What you’ll find is
- A growing team with a culture focused on collaborating and learning together.
- You will work directly with other team leaders and managers to continue improving our teams.
- Microservices, microservices and microservices, with more than 40 in production.
- More than 3.4K requests per minute... are you up for the challenge?
- Event oriented architecture.
- A company with more than 15 nationalities.
- Docker containers from your local environment until production.
- DevOps mentality.
- And much more!
What you will be doing:
- Promote software development best practices and ensure that the rest of the team follows them.
- Care about documentation and knowledge sharing.
- Care about optimization when it is needed and you proactively get in-depth knowledge about how the tech tools work in terms of performance.
- Mentor other engineers in order for them to interiorize best practices and grow as technical contributors.
- Raise the hand when there is a problem and find a solution collaboratively.
- Bring new ideas/concepts/technologies to the table and share them with the team.
- Lead by example the use of software development best practices.
- Deliver under high-quality standards via well-tested code and actively participating in code reviews.
- Monitor and troubleshoot software deployed in production.
- Ensure software solutions take into account the broader scope of Packlink's platform.
- Grow the team’s excellence around Packlink’s technologies.
- Brings context to the team
- Have knowledge across the team
- Promote the company culture and values.
- Team’s budget management.
- Supervise the guidelines defined by the different area leads.
- Holds 1&1s meetings with the team members.
- Build and keep a safe environment within the team
- Monitor team & team members’ performance.
- Be aware of the team’s focus as well as the tech and product strategies.
- Ensure the focus, technical and product strategy on the team
- Feedback culture
What we are looking for:
- Work permit for Spain or member of the EU.
- 5+ years of real, hands-on experience in a Web automation project with Selenium WebDriver or similar.
- Previous experience managing teams: giving context, driving 1&1s, ensuring focus within a team, creating a safe environment and creating a collaborative culture.
- Experience with at least one programming language.
- Experience with BDD.
- Experience in writing clear and concise test plans.
- Familiar with JIRA.
- Experience with GIT and code review procedure.
- Strong attention to detail and good detection of unhappy path scenarios or corner-cases.
- Familiar with static code analysis tools like Sonar.
- Good understanding of software fundamentals including software design and data structures.
- Knowledge of testing concepts as white box and black box testing, regression testing, performance testing, etc.
- Passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- We are an international company, advanced level of English will be needed
I’d be great if you:
- Experience with microservices architecture (very welcome).
- Have a degree in Computer Science or related technical/ scientific discipline.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: from € 50,000 to € 65,000.
- A career growth plan, created by engineers for engineers
- Up to 2000€/year budget to improve your skills.
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events.
- Remote (Spain location only at this moment) with the possibility of coming to the office for team buildings and essential team meetings.
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid centre (next to Atocha station).
- Free English/Spanish/French classes.
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free.
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.