Want to be part of an award-winning open science platform and a leading open-access scholarly publisher?
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers worldwide. To date, our 200,000 open access research articles have received over 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities, social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so that more researchers can publish in open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic QA Engineer to join our Machine Learning Engineering team and help them to create and deliver solutions to improve the quality of our Machine Learning models and services. The ideal candidate for this role should have a solid QA engineer background, strong experience testing APIs, and substantial coding skills for designing and implementing automated tests.
By working at Frontiers, you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing. You will join a thriving company where your contribution will have an immediate effect on the way science is evolving.
- Work with our Machine Learning engineers to ensure that the services’ implementation addresses functional and non-functional requirements, and meets high-quality standards.
- Closely collaborate with our Machine Learning Team Lead in designing solutions and defining acceptance criteria to guarantee scalable integration with our core products.
- Design and automate test cases to validate our Machine Learning services using a variety of data sets.
- Test APIs and backend services.
- Report and document technical issues, and follow them up through the complete bug life cycle.
- Ability to work with large data sets presented in different formats and to troubleshoot possible data-related issues.
- Define metrics to track the quality of our data, models, and APIs.
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure streamlined service integration and release.
- Conduct post-release testing.
- Solid experience as a QA Engineer in the Agile environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Strong experience with API testing.
- Coding skills (Python preferred).
- Experience with writing automation tests.
- Experience in integrating tests in CI/CD pipelines.
- Interest in Machine Learning techniques, data structures, algorithms, statistics.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
- Strong analytical skills to identify the root cause and cause/effect relations.
- Methodical, curious, a self-starter, and passionate about quality.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good English skills, we are an international company and English is our working language.
- Python coding skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning algorithms.
What we´re offering
- Flexible and remote work throughout Spain.
- 25 days of annual leave + 4 days of wellness.
- Participation in the company's annual bonus plan.
- Continuous updating with the latest technology, you won't get bored!
- Truly veteran colleagues in all IT fields, you will learn new things every day.
- Exciting projects, you will work on different applications and functions throughout the year.
- If you ever come to the office, we have first-class facilities at WeWork (Castellana 77, Madrid).
- Extensive learning opportunities through our partnership with Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning.
- 3 days of volunteering through the Alaya online platform.
- Access to the Headspace app for mindfulness exercises.
- Online yoga classes.
- A monthly social Happy Hour to share beers and tapas with colleagues.