Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic QA Engineer to work on our core and business products to help shape the future of science and academic publishing. The ideal candidate will have a strong experience testing front-end web applications as well as APIs.
You will join one of our squads to lead the QA activities of the products this team works on, and work closely with the product owner, development team, and rest of QAs, making sure that quality is baked in from the start.
By working at Frontiers you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing. You will join a thriving company where your contribution will have an immediate effect on the way science is evolving.
- Define the testing scope, plan and execute the test cases for each release.
- Estimate, prioritize, and coordinate the testing activities for your team.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to define and make sure the acceptance criteria of our user stories is complete.
- Conduct functional post-release checks.
- Collaborate with automation testers in the creation and maintenance of our test automation infrastructure.
- Monitor all stages of the SDLC to identify and resolve system issues, and report potential risks, in order to meet quality standards.
- Driving the quality mindset of the Development Team together with other QAs.
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer in the Agile environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
- Expert in web-based application testing.
- Experience with API testing (Postman).
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Methodical, a self-starter, and passionate about quality which is key to the growth and success of a product.
- Analytical mind and strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good English skills, we are an international company and English is our working language.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience working with external teams.
- Experience with SQL databases and MongoDB.
- Experience developing automated tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience with performance testing (JMeter).
- Experience with Xray Test Management for JIRA.
What we´re offering
- Continuous catch-up with latest technology, you won’t get bored!
- Really senior colleagues in all fields of IT, you will learn new things every single day.
- Exciting projects, you’ll work in different applications and features along the year.
- 25 annual leave days + 4 well-being days.
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme.
- Flexible working framework.
- Remote working across Spain.
- On-off bonus to set-up your workspace at home.
- If you ever come to the office, we have top-notch facilities in WeWork (Castellana 77, Madrid).
- Extensive learning opportunities through our Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning partnership.
- 3 volunteering days through the online platform Alaya.
- Access to Headspace app for mindfulness exercises.
- Online Yoga classes.
- A monthly social Happy Hour to share beers and tapas with colleagues.