We are looking for an enthusiastic QA Engineer to work on testing our backend products that serve an efficient and AI-supported article reviews process.
While working for us you won’t only be involved in API testing, but you’ll also work with internal front-end web applications, different types of databases, or data background processes. Everything while cooperating with Data and Machine Learning teams baking our cutting-edge AI solutions. By working at Frontiers you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing.
You will join a thriving company where your contribution will have an immediate effect on the way science is evolving.
- Mapping business and technical requirements into test suites, test cases, automated tests together with quality control processes.
- Executing tests, reporting and analyzing results in a timely manner.
- Driving the quality mindset of the Development Team together with other QAs.
- Monitoring all stages of the software development lifecycle to identify and resolve bugs or report potential risks.
- Working closely with the Product Owner to define and verify the Acceptance Criteria of our Backlog items.
- Creating and maintaining automated tests in Postman and Selenium.
- Preparing test data, monitoring background processes and the data flow.
- Working on our automated test infrastructure to reach the Continuous Delivery goal.
- Suggesting and introducing improvements in our QA process, also by coding some POCs.
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer in the Agile environment.
- Experience working closely with business teams to understand business requirements and anticipate issues.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
- Strong experience with API testing.
- Experience with writing automation tests in Postman.
- Experience working with databases.
- Coding skills (C#, Java or similar language).
- Analytical mind and strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good English skills, we are an international company and English is our working language.
- Experience developing automated tests using Selenium Webdriver.
- Experience with Azure DevOps pipeline.
- Experience developing CI/CD solutions.
- Experience working with background processes like Azure Data Factory.
- Experience with .Net stack.
- Experience with MongoDB and ElasticSearch or other NoSQL databases.
- Experience with performance testing (JMeter).
- Experience with Xray Test Management for JIRA.
What we´re offering
- Continuous catch-up with latest technology, you won’t get bored!
- Really senior colleagues in all fields of IT, you will learn new things every single day.
- Exciting projects, you’ll work in different applications and features along the year.
- 25 annual leave days + 4 well-being days.
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme.
- Flexible working framework.
- Remote working across Spain.
- On-off bonus to set-up your workspace at home.
- If you ever come to the office, we have top-notch facilities in WeWork (Castellana 77, Madrid).
- Extensive learning opportunities through our Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning partnership.
- 3 volunteering days through the online platform Alaya.
- Access to Headspace app for mindfulness exercises.
- Online Yoga classes.
- A monthly social Happy Hour to share beers and tapas with colleagues.