The International Quality for Alexa team focuses on expanding Alexa’s capabilities on a global scale. We take on the unique challenge of understanding the nuances of how Alexa enabled devices can serve customers’ needs in different cultures and locations. If you are interested in shaping the future of Alexa for customers around the world, come and join our team.
· Develop and implement automation plan to International device software launches.
· Work with Technical PMs and Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented.
· Drive the creation of global test plans and test cases.
· Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
· Efficiently execute test cases across all functional and UI areas of our products.
· Review product user interface for conformity to global design guidelines.
· Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
· Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
· You create and execute test plans for complex testing scenarios.
· You may be responsible for testing major features, a small device, mid-size application, service, or other products.
· You are able to develop test strategies for non-functional areas (e.g. i18n, scalability, usability, etc.)
· You have proficiency in a scripting language and a solid understanding of the test strategies and methodologies used in your product's technology domain.
· You write automated tests that are maintainable and reusable, identify bugs, and do not produce false positives.
· Reviews of your test plans and solutions (i.e., tool, script) tend to be uneventful. You provide useful feedback for changes submitted by others.
· You constructively identify problems and propose solutions. You take on projects that mitigate risks and/or more accurately measure product quality.
· You work with team owner(s) to ensure code, components, and features are tested at the appropriate level (unit test, integral/functional, UI, etc.), reducing unnecessary test cases at higher levels that lead to intermittent test issues and increased test execution time.
· Your work is consistently of a high quality (e.g., thorough, thoughtful, data-driven) and incorporates best practices. Your team trusts your work.
· You have established good working relationships with team members and peers. You recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
· You are able to confidently train new team members about your product, how it is tested, what your test solutions provide, how they are constructed, and how they detect quality problems.
· Native fluency in Spanish and business level English
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline.
· 5+ years of Software QA testing experience.
· Experienced in black and grey box functional and UI testing methodologies.
· Experience with standard QA and development tools and operating within short release cycles.
· Knowledge of internationalization and localization processes, tools and technology.
· Product experience with web services and mobile platforms.
· Hands-on experience in testing Linux-based devices.
· Solid understanding of QA tool development chains and environments.
· Experience writing code for multitasking operating systems.
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
· Highly methodical test discipline, applicable to all product UI.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.