We’re WOW, a new innovative retail concept on a mission to make retail exciting again!
WOW aims to become the global go-to marketplace for early adopters to discover what’s new. In short, we’re an omni channel platform that combines unique physical locations and an online marketplace (WOWShop.com) and partners with Direct to Consumer brands and established brands to create unique retail experiences.
With a very customer centric approach, our goal is to constantly surprise our clients with outstanding customer experiences and carefully curated product selections, from established brands to up and coming designers. We’re here for the crazy ones, the early adopters, the ones who see things differently and want to experiment, try new things and are open to be surprised.
Launched in 2020 and backed by VC FJLabs we’ve secured our first location in Madrid, with plans to open late 2021. The building has 5.500 sqm and is located at the city center in Gran Via, Spain’s first and Europe’s third most busy street in terms of footfall.
We are looking for an IT Project Manager to join this challenging project and start changing the rules of retail. You will be in the operations area (Logistics, processes ....)
What You’ll do
- Detect needs in the organization and establish IT strategies and objectives.
- Prepare, implement and optimize the processes of the department, according to the needs of the company and ensuring maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Participate, together with the person in charge, in defining the scope and objectives to be met in each of the projects in their area of responsibility (Definition and presentation of the projects).
- Strategic planning: selection of tools, partners, resources and people who will help you carry out the projects.
- Supervision of tasks and achievement of milestones by technology partners (control and monitoring, supervision of activities and decision-making).
- Ensure the adequate functionality and functioning of the company's IT tools in internal processes.
- Budgetary Control.
Who you are
- A natural collaborator with outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- An influential person with strong people skills, who keeps strategy front of mind.
- Action Oriented: proactive and able to move projects forward without continuous motivation or direction.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving and organizational abilities.
- Ability to make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions.
- A goal oriented person with leadership, conflict management capacity and ability to delegate.
Experience you bring
- 5+ years of experience in Consumer and/or Retail IT departments as a project manager or equivalent.
- Graduate / Bachelor of Computer Engineering or similar.
- Experience with Agile work methodologies and project management software (Jira, etc.).
- Extensive experience with Integrations between multiple systems and Retail sector solutions (POS, WMS, eCommerce, ERP, etc.).
- Desirable experience in integrations via ESB (Middleware).
- Experience in operational and logistics processes (Integrations with warehouses, stock management and control, logistics flows, RFID, etc.
- You're fluent in English (both written and spoken) and Spanish.
All for one, one for all is part of our DNA, hence, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the growth of a company with a very big ambition at a very early stage
- Join a company where people come first in a young and unbeatable work dynamic environment and great talent where we truly live our values
- Join a team of co-founders and investors with a successful company-building track record