Why you should consider this opportunity
If you are convinced of the importance of technology aligned with business requirements and that the work not only brings value to users, people, and communities but also fosters individual creativity as much as we do, this project is for you. Santander Global Technology (SGT) is Santander's technology and operations team. Our team of more than 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States, Mexico, Chile, and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions in a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data, and Angular among others) on all types of on-premise and cloud platforms.
Santander is proud to be an organization where there is equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, culture, and disability. Our mission is to help more people and businesses thrive.
What you will be doing
As a Markets Enterprise Architect, you will be responsible for the support of the SCIB CTO to deliver the strategic agenda of the division, leading strategic projects and the activities required to govern the division on an ongoing basis.
We need someone like you to help us with different fonts:
- Detailed review of requirements, functionality, and business impact of the new projects and initiatives within SCIB.
- Design and definition of the projects, making sure the solution provided is consistent with the global architecture. Close collaboration and proactivity to engage with SCIB leadership and global teams to push local and global SCIB initiatives.
- Coordinate the different geographies and asset classes to provide homogeneous and reusable solutions. Significant influencing of senior stakeholders, at all levels, is required as well as leadership experience to prioritize competing demands and deliver to tight timeframes.
- Liaise with support areas such as regulatory and operations.
- Control and governance across the different aspects of each project (Functional, technical, cloud, APIs, cybersecurity…)
What are we looking for in experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Treasury and Markets
- Experience leading global cross-business/ geographies strategic initiatives highly desirable
Skills & knowledge
- Proactive, creative, and a hard-working candidate with high analytical and problem-solving skills (consulting experience valuable).
- Deep knowledge of Treasury and Markets products across the different asset classes and different geographies.
- Knowledge of regulatory, compliance, and operations requirements and procedures for market activities
- Knowledge of trading and booking platforms for financial instruments
- Experience in implementing workflow and end-to-end solutions amongst the different departments
- Relevant experience in Agile methodologies
- Solid communication skills are written and verbal, both in English and Spanish.
- Excellent organization skills, and experience in planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Effective and goal-oriented. Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- The candidate will be based in Madrid
- Full readiness to travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar. MBA / Master's in finance