Acerca del empleo
Hi, we're Fever!
Fever is the leading entertainment discovery platform, with a mission to inspire people through experiences. We are looking for bar-raisers who want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (such as Secret London, Secret NYC, Secret Los Angeles, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret) through technology to reach over 30 million people every single week. Fever has also rolled out Fever Originals, which are proprietary events in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences and develop new, unique experiences.
Fever is present in over 80 cities worldwide, in countries such as the UK, US, France, Brazil, Portugal, Australia, and Spain, and is always in the process of expanding to new markets. Fever is also backed by top-notch institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia. We have continued to disrupt the entertainment space during the pandemic, and launched the Stranger Things Drive Into — the largest event in the world in 2020!
- You’ll be part of the Engineering team and work closely with the Marketing and Fever Originals team in order to reach our goals.
- You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment to design and develop new pages for some premium Events in Fever, taking care of the whole lifecycle of the site.
Example of previous projects:
On your first month in Fever:
- You will be fully integrated into the team. During this month you will have already participate in plannings, groomings and retrospectives of the team, and you will have meet the departments of Fever.
- You will get familiar with Fever’s tech stack and frameworks used to develop new Landing Pages in an agile way
- You will do modifications to any existing, high performing Landing Page
- You will attend to some of the experiences you have build the page for.
After 3 months in Fever:
- You will participate in some of the hackdays of hackathon we organise with other teams, and you will mostly know everybody from engineering.
- You’ll be able to design, develop and launch new landing pages using Fever’s tech stack
- You’ll have the skills to start from scratch a new page and have it running on production
- On your 6th month in Fever:
- You’ll improve the Development Framework to improve the streamline of Landing Pages
- You’ll be able to add new reusable components to our portfolio and other people will use on their sites
- Design easy-to-use, performant, and exciting web experiences serving multiple partners across marketing, brand, and design
- Understand the technical, creative, and temporal constraints of a project, making pragmatic tradeoffs with stakeholders
- Participate in the full project lifecycle from ideation to handoff, to launch
- Collaborate with the larger creative team via regular design critiques and working sessions
BASIC SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Solid portfolio of past projects that include websites done from start to finish.
- You are a specialist in website design and understand the nuances that contribute to a great interactive experience
- You display sensitivity for user-system interaction
- You are fluent in the guiding principles and best practices that make for effective and aesthetically pleasing visual applications
- You understand the importance of accessibility and performance and how that translates to design
- You have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Expertise in writing valid HTML and CSS code by hand.
- Expertise in design tools such as Sketch/Figma
- Expertise in writing Handlebars (or another templating HTML framework).
- Passion for web accessibility standards, ensuring people of all abilities can access our content.
- Good communication skills in written & spoken English and Spanish
It would be a plus if you...
- Experience with Angular
- Experience in tech startup (alternatively, strong willingness to work in a leading and very fast-paced tech startup).
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid, with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly and flexible schedule
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- English Classes
- Free fruit and drinks!