In Nationale-Nederlanden, we seek to complete our workforce with an Technical Architect. NN Group is an international financial services company, active in 11 countries, with a strong presence in a number of European countries and Japan. Our roots lie in the Netherlands, with a rich history of more than 175 years.
With our 14,000 employees, NN Group provides retirement services, pensions, insurance, banking and investments to approximately 18 million customers. NN Group includes Nationale-Nederlanden, NN, ABN AMRO Insurance, Movir, AZL, BeFrank, OHRA and Woonnu.
Purpose of the job, within what limits and with what objectives
- Collaborate with IT/Agile teams to achieve the technology strategy and to apply EA governance processes and principles
- Build an inventory of IT assets needed to implement the architecture
- Research new opportunities for improving the current IT stack
- Educate squad members and technical leads through training and individual support.
- Identify and evaluate current technical solutions and technologies choices
- Create a fluid, end-to-end vision for modern architectures, headless and MASA architectures
Your main responsibilities:
- Hands on day to day development activities using the latest Microsoft technologies.
- Participation in solution design, concept visualization and functional and technical requirements definition and documentation.
- Integrate technical functionality (e.g. scalability, security, performance, data recovery, reliability, etc.)
- Produce and enforce development standards and technical standards
- Maintain a corporate repository of all technical architecture artifacts and procedures
- Assess technical implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations, best practices and corporate policies.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing IT systems.
- Deep knowledge on integration platforms, integration patterns, modern front-end frameworks and engagements platforms.
- Strong knowledge of technical structure systems
- Stay current on the latest technology trends, standards, and practices.
What we´re looking for?
- Experience developing and leading technology engagement.
- 4 or more years of experience in developing web applications based on the Microsoft technology stack, including .NET WCF technologies and the .NET MVC 2.0 or higher framework.
- Experience architecting solutions using the Microsoft .NET framework, modern front-end frameworks (React, Vue, …) and cloud capabilities
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages (e.g. .NET, C#, Xamarin, etc.) and the ability to propose alternative solutions and cost-benefit analysis based on these or more innovative technologies.
- Experience in Web Content Management Systems, Web Commerce, Email Marketing and Web Analytics.
- Experience in Azure DevOps, Git, Microsoft Visual Studio 2018
- An excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, security by design, etc.).
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
Typical education (or equivalent):
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field.
Typical years´ experience (total):
A minimum of 4 years hands-on experience in a similar role delivering on-premise, cloud and hybrid technical solutions
Certifications (or equivalent):
Microsoft certifications on development, architecture or cloud disciplines
Good written and verbal communication skills.
What do we offer?
As part of our Employee Experience, we provide a series of competitive benefits that we offer in order to improve the physical, mental and professional well-being of our employees. Among others, here are some benefits that you will find:
- Flexible schedule
- Wellness program
- Digital and Agile environment
- Food + remote working allowance
- Courses and training
- Life insurance
In Nationale-Nederlanden we are committed with diversity. We are proud to be an inclusive organization and we offer equal opportunities, regardless of race, cultural background, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, and sexual orientation. One of our core values is taking care of our employees so they can give their best within a respectful environment.