We're a tech startup on a mission to reinvent the insurance industry combining data, design and technology. CoverWallet is growing rapidly and expanding across the USA. We're just more than a year old, and have raised $30 million in funding from top tier VCs (Foundation Capital, Union Square Ventures, Two Sigma, Index Ventures, and Founder Collective), and have built an incredible team of ~150 people (70% in New York and 30% between Madrid and Valencia). We are growing our team in Spain with some of the best engineers in Europe.
We are currently looking for a Tech Lead - Engineer Manager to join our team in our Spain offices (Madrid, Valencia and Sevilla). Our goal is to implement an engineering team from 0, so It will be a new team.
About the role
We're looking for an awesome professional to be part of the Engineering team and help us with the security, stability and scalability of our multi-site platform while being and operational enabler for the rest of the organization.
What you will do here
- Contribute to the team culture of the startup
- Been a technical reference in terms of NodeJS programing language
- Manage a group of more engineers (Junior, Seniors and Mid Engineers)
- Work with the leadership team to define the platform roadmap, identify technologies to utilize and integrate, and ultimately deliver on the technical solution.
- Drive the coordination with other tech teams and with internal and external non-tech stakeholders
- Define teams and adapt them based on technical needs
- Backend based application development.
- Develop/Integrate with clients and service APIs for partners and our own applications.
- Contribute to designing the architecture of our Frontend/Backend systems.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Prepare accurate implementation task lists/time estimates and deliver assignments based on requirements.
- Produce clean and efficient code based on specifications.
- Address performance issues.
- Contribute to the security of our systems.
- Recommend and implement new technologies, processes, and systems to increase efficiencies, productivity and customer engagement.
- Mentor engineers and guide them in their career path
- Provide technical guidance and hands-on experience in software development.
- Establish policies and guidelines regarding the creation, implementation, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance of code.
- Specify, evaluate and approve design and implementation.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology that could impact or influence current and future product development.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Own architecture and design of core technology and software
- Provide technical guidance and hands-on experience in software development
- Create and deliver detailed technical documentation and presentations
- Responsible for retention in the company
- Responsible for team growth
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology that could impact or influence current and future product development
Who we are looking for
- Large experience leading teams of software developers
- Large Experience managing a team of engineers
- Mastery of Agile development methodologies
- Large experience collaborating with stakeholders
- Mastery of service-oriented architectures or microservices
- Expertise as a Software Engineer
- Mastery of clean code principles
- Experience with test-driven software design
- Excellent English communication skills
- Team player
- Usually BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Other valuable soft skills
- Operations as a Service mindset.
- Influencing over ordering communication skills.
- Out-of the-box thinker.
- Autonomous learner.
- Proactive on taking ownership.
- The possibility to disrupt one of the biggest industries, and in one of most developed digital markets in the world.
- Competitive Salary
- Great offices in New York, Madrid, and near the beach in Valencia.
- Competitive and flexible compensation (tickets restaurant, transport card, daycare checks, and external training)
- Company-paid Life and Accident Insurance, and Medical insurance as benefits.
- Additional budget for individual education and online training courses (1.500 € per year)
- 23 days of vacation per year.
- Flexible working hours.
- Team building activities: hackathon, meetups and tech talks in the office, code katas.
- A fun, multicultural and fast-paced environment.
- Drinks, coffee, and fruits.