To reinvent an industry, you must build the best team, and that is exactly what we are doing!
Are you passionate about solving great challenges through technology? If you are excited about shaping the future of technology, please keep reading, you are going to love this.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Tech Lead with an analytical, creative, flexible, team player and entrepreneurial spirit. Are you passionate about massive scalability and making our excellent technology available in international markets? Do you want to make meaningful contributions to Smart Protection’s success?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to talk with you. We believe that people are of the most important assets to Smart Protection and because of that, we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
The schedule? Pretty flexible, just get done with all you have to do, go home and relax (we will need you back the next day, we go all in...)
What You Will Do
- Smart Protection is an extremely complex logistical machine, and you will be working on the core that powers it all.
- The platform requires special attention on performance, given the complexity of the data structures and the amount of requests the services are handling each day. You will be responsible for well testing your code (unit tests, acceptance tests, integration tests, load tests, performance tests) and propose/implement performance improvements.
- Work closely with your Product counterpart by translating requirements into team deliverables, working with Agile best practices and ensuring the prioritized work is planned and valuable to our goals.
- Own and guide the project technical side. Envision the architecture and develop a strategic plan to move towards it, while researching and choosing the most appropriate set of technologies for a certain problem and adopting development and infrastructure best practices.
- Mentor engineers to help them grow by providing regular guidance and support. Conduct code reviews and hold regular 1-1s. Foster ownership and decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary.
- Ensure the team has the right expertise. Be responsible for the team's productivity and collective impact.
- Help build and shape our engineering culture. Help to seek and hire globally distributed talent.
- Build distributed services with high availability and scalability requirements powering the heart of all Smart Protection products.
- Scale our backend to optimize for low latency and high throughput while running our algorithms against large datasets.
- Improve reliability, scalability, and performance of our services so they always meet their SLAs.
What You Will Need
- Great software engineering skills, we take this very seriously.
- Proven experience developing production applications in (preferably) Python or other similar languages like Go, Rust, Elixir.
- You can design and build stable and performant software, which is easy for others to contribute to, is extensible and maintainable.
- Experience in developing medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems.
- Expertise with all phases of backend software development including data structures, complexity, best coding practices, architecture, testing. Skill in software design and object-oriented architectures.
- Knowledge of database architectures, big data platform architecture, and caching solutions along with their integration points/strategies within complex software systems.
- Ability to work with uncertain requirements and to define and propose scoping, requirements, and development plans when necessary. Flexibility and adaptability upon changes. Knowledge of when to trade technical excellence for delivery.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and contribute new and innovative ideas to support Product.
- Proven experience in leading engineering teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- You’re passionate about what you do.
- You can give feedback freely and accept it graciously.
What do we offer?
- A continuously growing Spanish scale-up within a global playing field
- 23 different nationalities within an ambitious and always smiling team
- A lot of learning and development opportunities within a dynamic tech company in the purest Silicon Valley-style and regular online training with our Smart Campus.
- The possibility of making a serious impact on our product
- The opportunity to execute and implement your own ideas and initiatives
- Flexible schedule around 09:00 to 18:00 from Monday to Thursday and on Friday around 09:00 - 15:00, also remote work from home.
- And of course, a competitive salary
What’s it like to work at Smart Protection:
- Smart Protection is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Flexible remuneration: restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare, and childcare.
- If you want to grow professionally and personally, meet new people, learn from the best professionals and work in a Spanish scaleup with clients all over the world, then we are waiting for you!
- All the gear you need.
- Regular fun team events.
- And last but not least...free coffee, fruits & tea!