As a Software Quality Engineer for the Border & Travel and Identity Verification R&D team located in Madrid, you will be responsible for base product quality and validation, build validation test plans, analyze and categorize defects and quality issues and assure issue traceability throughout the delivery chain. You will develop products that will secure traveling of millions of people.
A week in the life of a Software Quality Engineer:
- You will participate in the requirements specification, workload estimation and solution design in an agile and dynamic environment.
- You will validate the products and components (applications, libraries, system and solutions; either purely software or combining software and hardware).
- You will analyze the scope, define a test strategy and prepare validation test plan.
- You will execute the validation Test Plan and present results.
- You will document the activity in the form of the validation strategy and test plan.
- You will select the tools and/or develop them if non-existing.
- You will closely work with Quality Assurance Officer you will participate to selection of appropriate methodology, tailoring of the QA process and it’s follow-up.
- You will cooperate with developers in order to reproduce, identify and isolate the issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed in this job, you must have:
- Experience in agile development methodologies, functional tests, load/performance tests, BDD and TDD, preferably using Cucumber or Gherkin.
- Highly familiar with agile development, continuous delivery and related tools (Jira, Xray, Jenkins, Sonar, Fortify).
- Good knowledge of Web Technologies and Application Servers (HTTP, HTML/XML, JBoss, Wildfly), data communication protocols/technologies including HTTP, SSL
- Web Services (SOAP/REST) running on OS: Linux/Unix, Windows 2008/2012 server
- It would be preferred if you have:
- Experience with Unit Testing Tools (JUnit), scripting language (Python, Ruby) and tools for automatic tests (Selenium).
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of SQL and Database servers (Oracle, MySQL).
- Solid leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- You must have fluent English level.
- We would like someone to join our team who is passionate on technical work, team player and proactive. Creative, autonomous, detail oriented.
- We are looking for someone with at least 3 years of experience as Software Quality Engineer.
- Competitive Salary
- Ticket Restaurant
- Remote Friendly
- Medical Insurance
- And more perks!!