We are looking for an enthusiastic .Net Core full stack
developer that helps us to design and build a new generation of tools that will transform open-access publishing
(see a video from our CEO about Open Science
). You will be working in a Cloud environment with Microsoft Azure
and developing .Net Core applications and APIs.
You will work in an Agile Team along with other talented developers. Supported by a Team Lead, QA and Product Manager. The team works in 2 week Sprints.
In Frontiers we’re on a mission to make all science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet, if this resonates with you maybe you are the engineer we are looking for!!!
What you will do
- Develop full stack .Net Core applications.
- Write scalable queries that impact millions of records while keeping execution time low.
- Develop performant REST APIs that expose data and services to other systems.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other teams and roles within company.
- Participate in your team's Agile processes.
- Initiate and participate in technical discussions where many tools, architecture approaches and processes are on the table.
- Start code review process and discuss solutions with the team in order to improve quality and share knowledge.
- Contribute to overall software quality by writing SOLID and testable code.
- Be willing to take ownership of the quality of the software from beginning to end.
What we are looking for
- 5+ years in a similar role.
- Proficiency with C# and T-SQL.
- Knowledge in development methods, best practices, conventions, algorithms and design patterns.
- Individuals with a curious mindset and willingness to learn new things.
- Courageous individuals who are not afraid to fail and learn from mistakes.
- English is our working language, you need to be fluent and able to express yourself.
Nice to have
- Experience with MongoDB, Elasticsearch or any similar NoSQL technology.
- Experience with queues messaging systems like RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- Experience releasing software with Azure DevOps or similar.
- Experience with Azure data integration and transformation services.
What we´re offering
- Continuous catch-up with latest technology, you won’t get bored!
- Really senior colleagues in all fields of IT, you will learn new things every single day.
- Exciting projects, you’ll work in different applications and features along the year.
- 25 annual leave days + 4 well-being days.
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme.
- Flexible working framework.
- Remote working across Spain.
- On-off bonus to set-up your workspace at home.
- If you ever come to the office, we have top-notch facilities in WeWork (Castellana 77, Madrid).
- Extensive learning opportunities through our Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning partnership.
- 3 volunteering days through the online platform Alaya.
- Access to Headspace app for mindfulness exercises.
- Online Yoga classes.
- A monthly social Happy Hour to share beers and tapas with colleagues.