Who are we? 🚀PayFit is one of the fastest-growing SaaS startups in Europe with more than 500 employees and over 5000 customers in just a few years and has recently launched in the UK to replicate the success in France, Germany, and Spain. Backed by a group of highly reputable institutional investors, PayFit is revolutionizing HR software by automating payroll and simplifying HR management for SMEs across Europe.
Our mission is to support the digital transformation of SME's through an innovative software solution that offers a unique experience to its users. We leverage our own coding language to customize our software quickly to each market, so that our customers can easily process payslips, request holidays and manage their expenses.
Named the most attractive startup to work for in France by LinkedIn in 2018, we're passionate and enthusiastic about our mission and committed to maintaining a culture that cares deeply about its employees and customers.
The Payments teamPayFit is seeking an experienced engineer to join the Payments team. This team is responsible for improving and maintaining Payfit's payments Solution. This solution includes but is not limited to Bank payments, providing companies with an easy way to pay their employees from the PayFit application without having to go to their banks and do the manual process minimizing the human mistakes. Also, the
Payments team works on advance payments, helping employees to reduce their financial stress providing an efficient way to ask for advance payments and to admins an effective way to validate those requests.
PayFit's Payments Solution aims to be global by serving several countries (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK) with a consistent experience.
Your day to day mission ⭐
- Architect and implement solutions that solve time related challenges.
- Challenge the existing practices to improve our day to day team experience.
- Collaborate with colleagues with different backgrounds (Design, Engineering, and Product) to define issues to solve and work on.
- Mentor and support teammates. We are looking for a team player who strives on sharing his knowledge with others, someone who believes that pair programing can be more valuable than individual progress.
- Produce well balanced code between practical and beautiful (Maintainable, well tested and documented code)
- Own all the areas of the team's projects back-end, front-end and infrastructure.
This job has been tailored for you if... 🦄
- You have a minimum 5 years hands-on experience with distributed systems (Rest API, Message queues)
- You have a solid understanding of software fundamentals (Data Structures, Software Architecture, Design Patterns)
- You have a good knowledge about testing, monitoring and continuous deployment.
- You are comfortable writing technical documentation and specs.
- You have good communication skills and you can adapt your talking points to a non-technical audience.
Technologies we use
- Typescript (> 3.7) with ExpressJS, MongoDB, GraphQL, Jest
- Typescript (> 3.7), React (> 16.8), Jest, React Testing Library
- Monitoring with Datadog
- Microservices on Docker with Kubernetes on AWS, Staging-on-demand
- Prettier, ESLint
Hiring process ⚙️
- 1️⃣Online interview with Maciej, Tech Recruiter (~45 minutes).
- 2️⃣Technical challenge (~45minutes).
- 3️⃣Code review meeting with two of our engineers (~60 minutes).
- 4️⃣Online interview with Hiring Manager, Designer and Product Manager (~30 minutes each).
- 5️⃣Online interview with the Director of Engineering
- 6️⃣Online interview with VP of Engineering, Founder and the team meeting.