Are you a Software Engineer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and building something awesome? If so, let’s talk!
We’re not looking for stack experts. We’re looking for smart people who can bring in the best tools and processes to get the job done. Read more about our engineering team in this blog post by our Senior Director of Engineering, Ivan Peralta.
You will work on a day-to-day basis with our product team to design, architect and implement our product. TravelPerk is a next-generation platform to take the pain out of booking and managing business travel.
As Senior Software Engineer, this position involves:
- Product development in Python/Django and/or React of a travel-related web-based product.
- Integrations between our product to 3rd party APIs.
- System architecture design, implementation, and testing.
- Work in an Agile environment with strong attention to a well-documented code, unit testing, and continuous integration.
- Being able to mentor, coach, and train other colleagues as a domain expert.
Required skills and experience:
- "Product Engineering" mindset.
- Pragmatism and obsession for simplicity, efficiency, and performance.
- Extensive experience in similar roles building technically complex products in any web programming language. Successful candidates usually have 5 years of experience or more.
- An expert level at server-side, client-side or full stack development. Your final role within the team will depend on your skills and internal training will be provided.
- Obsession for quality and testing.
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Strong communication skills (in English).
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the travel industry.
- DevOps experience with the AWS suite.
- Experience working with high-performing, Agile development teams.
- People who like to build stuff (we really like people who maintain/contribute to open source projects).
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- Vacation days: 24 in Spain.
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time.
- Health perks, these vary depending on your location (private healthcare in Spain).
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Perks such as language lessons, yoga and office food have been put on hold during COVID-19 and will be reviewed.
Flexible Work Policy
- Until local governments and health professionals say it is safe to work from an office, TravelPerk will offer you 100% remote working from the country you are employed in.
- Once it is safe, you will need to be based in or relocate to Spain for this position.
- You can be based anywhere in the country you are employed from but we will require you to travel to the office hub in your country in Barcelona once per week.
- In addition, every six weeks you will be required to travel to an office hub location for 3 to 5 days to meet with your whole team and sometimes the rest of the company for an event.
- We have core working hours between 10:00-15:00 CET.
- Team members that want to go to the office more than once per week are welcome to!
We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.