Champion Games is an established yet young venture-funded Game Studio. backed by international investors and located on the internet. We have created games with millions of players and now we are in a quest to shape the future of blockchain-based play2earn games with Metasoccer.
Metasoccer is the first soccer metaverse where professional soccer teams, guilds and all individuals can create their own virtual team, manage the financial and sport strategy, compete in official leagues to gain revenue and all of this with an experience that you’d come to expect from manager titles.
Metasocer is growing fast! These are one of the last milestones in the project:
- We’ve done an ICO worth $2.3M with some of the biggest funds involved like DeFiance, ParaFi or DAO Maker (which was our launchpad).
- In a month and a half we have sold $1.5M worth of NFT assets, and we plan to sell $4M more during Q1 2022.
- Our community is thriving, we have more than 180K followers on our socials.
- We’ve onboarded key opinion leaders like Willyrex, Kmanu88 or Reven and professional soccer players like Thomas Partey or a Ballon d’Or that we will announce soon.
And all of these in just 3 months! Just imagine what we can achieve during the next 3 months with your help!
We would love you to be a part of our journey. Join us to shape the future of gaming!
How we work
All our games are developed using Scrum/LeSS, we take it quite seriously so you can expect the usual flow of:
- Daily meetings
We use story points to measure the squad velocity and we adjust the roadmap based on that.
Developers have ownership of the task, from beginning to end (deployment in prod). To aid in the process we have QA/PM/DevOps roles as part of each squad. Ideally, the whole process takes more or less a day and in order to achieve this we:
- Try to keep tasks small (hence why Scrum is so important for us)
- We always develop with tests (Front, Back, Blockchain)
- We use feature toggles to control the rollout, etc.
- We integrate as fast as possible (deploy many times a day).
What our Frontend stack looks like:
- React (Nextjs) with hooks
- zustand + immer for the storage
At some point, we will add React Native to the mix.
What our overall stack looks like
We use Typescript as much as we can, right now we use it for:
- Frontend (nextjs)
- Backend (nestjs)
- Smart contracts tests
- Some internal tools
The other only language that we use is Solidity, used to write the Smart Contracts.
The Frontend Engineers we hire will:
- Quickly become deeply familiar with play2earn games and Metasoccer.
- Build a reusable UI kit.
- Enable everybody to create beautiful and userfriendly experiences.
- Take ownership of tasks from beginning to deployment, coordinating all resources needed.
- Help us build a sublime react native experience for developers and users.
Our ideal candidates have to:
- Understand the various trade-offs in the front-end
- Comfortable working with CSS and friends
- Has shipped high quality b2c applications in a fast-paced environment
- Takes ownership of tasks
- Fluent communication skills in English
- Passion for writing clean and testable code
- Can manage their own work environment (Docker, Git, ...)
- Be acquainted with TDD
We do not ask for a fixed amount of experience in years, but we do require the candidates to consider themselves senior, as we mentioned before, deep knowledge of JS and the entire ecosystem is required.
Free/Open Source software
We are strong believers in the metaverse and there is no other way of making it happen than with the power of open source. Right now all our contracts are already open, under MIT license and published on Github. More stuff will follow in the incoming months.
- Full remote position · You can expect the usual flexibility that comes with it
- Joining a small yet growing company with the objective of reaching the moon
- Flat hierarchy company, working side by side with everybody (CTO, Leads, CEO...)
- Competitive Salary in your country of residence
- Bonding Activities - We get together once every few months (usually in Barcelona).