This team builds the user interfaces and chart rendering systems that run on iOS and Android devices. This team is also responsible for their serverless backend, mobile CI, and their e-commerce site.
The cross-functional nature of the team provides many different ways for you to make an impact. These will be the challenges you will frequently face:
- Build world-class UI and UX experiences end-to-end
- Empathize with, and deeply understand our end-users
- Solve complex challenges related to the rendering of marine charts
- Handle WiFi and Bluetooth communication with our navigation peripheral
- Gracefully handle offline, online, and flaky connectivity scenarios
- Build mechanisms to collect behavioral data from our users
- Develop algorithms and functionality to assist with navigation, such as collision avoidance
You will get the opportunity to contribute to solutions across our entire front-end stack and deliver direct value to the user.
If you like challenges in mapping, algorithms, location-based systems, and app scalability, and have a drive for building well-crafted consumer experiences, then this is the place for you. Expect to dive into a modern codebase and start contributing from day one.
You must be responsible, flexible, effective, and able to thrive in a dynamic environment.