If you want to work building a product on one of the most interesting industries today and help engineering teams to deliver the best functionalities, at Streamloots you will be able to do it surrounded by dreamers who know how to also be relentless doers.
You will have the possibility to work 100% remote, where you will decide when you work, since we focus on the results and not the hours you work. Working in an international and fast-growth start-up where all the team members want to have a positive impact, helping the creators to turn their passions into livelihoods.
Your mission is to develop and improve our product across all the phases of the software development cycle. Solving complex problems in order to make our platform more efficient and scalable and help to increase the Streamloots community.
Please check our mission statement and values which are two fundamental components of our culture and daily routine…
In this position, you will be able to have an amazing contribution and impact in different areas:
As Backend Software Engineer
- Have ownership of your work, from design to deployment and operation: You will get involved early in the Product Design process, meaning you will make an impact on helping to decide what we build and how we build it.
- Write clean code to develop functional features, doing code reviews and care about code quality and building robust, lasting, and scalable products.
- Build a product: You will care about the product you’re building and the problem you’re solving, not just about the technology you’re using. You take pride in choosing the best technical solution for a problem with the rest of the team by taking all constraints into account.
- Write technical specifications, evaluating the trade-offs, collaborating with the rest of the team to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic.
- Help maintain the infrastructure (monitoring, logging) and deployment pipelines, building reusable code and libraries for future use.
As Squad team member
- Lead the mission of the squad and impact in the company: Be owner of some KR's, pushing them to have impact on the company mission, taking care of the interdependencies between squads.
- Bring good practices to the team: Every person at the team is responsible for helping the rest to be better individually and as a team, for this reason, you will share all your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team, and also you will be open to learn and improve from others feedback.
Experience & abilities:
- Strong Knowledge in all the development processes. Our main stack is: Node.js Express, Redis, MongoDB, AWS, AWS S3, Cloudfront, Cloudinary. And integrations with Paypal, Stripe and Paysafe.
- A "Gamer" mindset. We expect you to become a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- User obsession. Spread your ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions, making our users happier.
- Knowledge of technology trends, strategic thinking and ability to prioritize being a role model for the rest of the team.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to deal with complexity. Proactivity and Self-Leadership are becoming key, essential words in our conversations every day.
- Native or Fluent English. At the product team, marketing and every day more areas are people who are English Native. Also, it would be so much helpful if you also know Spanish.
What we offer:
- Open Remote Company: That means that team members will be able to work from wherever they want and that also means that we will be able to work in the office if we want to. Also means that all processes need to be thought of as if we had no office and everyone is working remotely. No one will feel an outsider, since all conversation will need to happen on slack or zoom/hangouts.
- The Quarter meetups: Once every quarter (once COVID allows it), we will all gather in Valencia, to work altogether. We will try to make it for the week of the Company & Team KR's definition.
- Disrupt an industry with tech and data-oriented solutions. We started 2 years ago, and now, over 40,000 streamers in more than 20 different countries have increased their revenue interacting with their fans on Streamloots. We're funded by leading global tech investors, including Bessemer.
- Salary + stock option plan.