We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors in some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the travel industry.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by the SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
Are you a Senior Android Developer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and building something awesome? If so, let’s talk!
We’re not looking for stack experts. We’re looking for smart people who can bring in the best tools and processes to get the job done. Read more about our engineering team in this blog post by our Senior Director of Engineering, Ivan Peralta.
You will work on a day-to-day basis with our product team to design, architect and implement our product. TravelPerk is a next-generation platform to take the pain out of booking and managing business travel.
As an Android Developer, this position involves:
- Product development in Android (Kotlin)
- System architecture design, implementation, and testing.
- Work in an Agile environment with strong attention to a well-documented code, unit testing, and continuous integration.
- Being able to mentor, coach, and train other colleagues as a domain expert.
And also the possibility to evolve your career with:
- Product development in Python/Django and React of a travel-related web-based product.
- Integrations between our product to 3rd party APIs.
Required skills and experience:
- "Product Engineering" mindset.
- Knowledge of Kotlin is a must have
- Pragmatism and obsession for simplicity, efficiency, and performance.
- Extensive experience in similar roles building technically complex products. Successful candidates normally have 5 years of Android development experience.
- Obsession for quality and testing.
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Strong communication skills (in English)
Bonus points for:
- Experience with mobile automation (Fastlane, XCode Server, Bitrise, CircleCI, Nevercode or similar solutions)
- Experience working with high-performing, Agile development teams.
- Experience in the travel industry.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- Vacation days: 24 in Spain, 25 in the UK or Germany.
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time.
- Health perks, these vary depending on your location (private healthcare in Spain and UK, statutory in Germany).
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
Flexible Work Policy
- Until local governments and health professionals say it is safe to work from an office, TravelPerk will offer you 100% remote working from the country you are employed in.
- You will need to be based in or relocate to Spain, UK or Germany for this position.
- You can be based anywhere in the country you are employed from but we will require you to travel to the office hub in your country in either Barcelona, London or Berlin, once per week.
- In addition, every six weeks you will be required to travel to an office hub location for 3 to 5 days to meet with your whole team and sometimes the rest of the company for an event.
- We have core working hours to give you flexibility.
- Team members that want to go to the office more than once per week are welcome to!
We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.