We are looking for another Scala Developer to join our product development team FRIDA One. FRIDA enables our customers’ fraud managers to decide whether a transaction is fraudulent or not, and how it is connected to other transactions so one can quickly react on it to prevent payment defaults.
FRIDA One is the backbone of our company serving more than 20 customers in production. We use a modern tech stack, e.g. Scala, Play Framework, Postgres, PostGIS, ZIO, Cats, and Scalaz. We use functional programming constructs and optimise our product for performance and scalability. Following agile methods, the team works in Kanban and uses artefacts from Scrum such as Dailies, Backlog Groomings and Retrospectives. The team collaborates on an eye to eye level, e.g. in pair programming sessions and code reviews. That is why we are looking for someone who wants to become an active, communicative and fun team member of FRIDA One. Someone who wants to get involved in actively shaping the future development of the product. The team works independently and owns their product. That means being responsible for the whole software lifecycle and deciding on your own how to implement requirements.
Help us to take FRIDA One to the next level to bring us one step further towards our vision of creating a world where online fraud no longer exists!
- Maintain the FRIDA One product ensuring scalability and stability
- Add new features and continuously improve the quality of FRIDA One
- Think of and implement new architecture
- Collaborate with other Riskies, e.g. in pair programming sessions and code reviews
- Be responsible for the full lifecycle of your code: from the initial idea through development and testing to deployment and operation
- Be responsible for the quality of what you deliver
- Experience in Scala (mid- to senior-level), Postgres, and Slick (ZIO is a plus)
- Experience in building performant and / or scalable software
- Deep understanding of functional programming and OOP
- You are a communicative team player who likes to discuss ideas openly, constructively and amicably
- You care about quality and testing, taking into account simplicity of your solutions
- You take over responsibility, give and take feedback, and share your opinion
- You have hands-on experience with operational environments, or desire to learn how your software runs and what it takes to operate it
- Good English language skills (German is not required)
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- The possibility to take over responsibility and to realise your own ideas – from day one
- Collaborative environment in which everyone works on eye-level
- A team of experts and helpful buddies that allows you to learn something new every day
- Very friendly and open environment
- Flexible remote work guideline with emphasis on team alignment
- Access to an online learning platform
- Free choice between Lenovo ThinkPad T-Series and Apple MacBook, and free choice of IDE
- Public transport & lunch allowance
- Regular workout sessions at no charge (shower in the office)
- Attractive discounts at various partner shops and gyms
- Relocation support: constant contact person, issuing documents, help with public offices, translation support, etc.
- And many more!