We're a tech startup on a mission to reinvent the insurance industry combining data, design and technology. CoverWallet is growing rapidly and expanding across the USA. We're just more than a year old, and have raised $30 million in funding from top tier VCs (Foundation Capital, Union Square Ventures, Two Sigma, Index Ventures, and Founder Collective), and have built an incredible team of ~150 people (70% in New York and 30% between Madrid and Valencia). We are growing our team in Spain with some of the best engineers in Europe.
We are currently looking for a Backend Engineer Junior/Middle/Senior to join our team in Sevilla, Valencia or Madrid. Our goal is to implement an engineering team from 0, so It will be a new team.
About the role
We're looking for an awesome Ruby Engineer to be part of the Engineering team and help us with our multi-site platform while being an operational enabler for the rest of the organization.
What you will do here
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Integrate software services and third-party services.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Work as part of a team with other engineers to build and deliver features.
- Participate in code reviews, identify and apply best practices for software development.
- Create technical documentation for reference.
- Prepare accurate implementation task lists/time estimates and deliver assignments based on requirements.
Who we are looking for
- Experience in architecture design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of web applications.
- Experience in ruby or/and node is a must but not mandatory.
- Functional programming knowledge is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of clean code principles
- Mastery of Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of best practices around service-oriented architectures or microservices
- Experience with test-driven software design
- Team player
What we offer
- Company paid Life and Accident Insurance, and Medical Insurance.
- 23 days of vacation per year + 2 personal days
- 1500 € training budget
- Flexible compensation (tickets restaurant, transport card, daycare checks and external training)
- Fun and fast-paced environment.
- Annual bonus.