We are a global scale-up from Barcelona, born in 2015, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy. We envision a world free from fossil fuels and we believe the first step in this journey is creating solutions that make electric vehicle charging easier for everyone.
We’re devoted to researching and developing state-of-the-art electric vehicle charging solutions for homes, businesses, and cities. And this way, our mission is to create more sustainable ways of using and sharing energy.
We want to empower people to create, use and share renewable energy in ways they never imagined.
Wallbox currently operates in over 50 countries and has offices in Barcelona, Madrid, Shanghai, and San Francisco. We are powered by a culture of trust, innovation and diversity. For us, talent has no borders. We have more than 350 dedicated experts from over 30 different nationalities working together to create the most innovative products and the best experiences for our customers.
This culture has shown to be rewarding in many ways - amongst them, the creation of the world’s first bidirectional charger, the Quasar, and the recognition as the best of CES 2020 in transportation technology. We have recently closed our second tranche of Series A investment, bringing the total round to €23M and we’ve been recognized as LinkedIn's Top 5 Startups 2020 in Spain.
At the end of the day, working at Wallbox is at the same time challenging, fun and rewarding. If you like the idea of a dynamic environment, desire to work alongside an incredibly talented, fast-growing team and believe in the future of sustainable transportation, this is the place for you.
Are you ready to change the world with us?
About the role:
The Node.js Team Manager is an integral part of the development team and will be responsible for executing a broad range of software development oversight and coordination with the other teams. As well as developing you will be working on architectural decisions of the project and you will be responsible for mentoring and coaching the team to become highly efficient.
- End-to-end ownership of the software development from concept to deployment and maintenance.
- Participate in the development and code reviews.
- Work with the PO on high-level requirements and concepts from product managers to analyze project feasibility with technology teams (electronics, mechanics, software).
- Be the point of contact between engineering and other departments such as operations and product
- Ensure technical progress and activity is visible to all stakeholders including project status, changes in scope, milestones, and risks.
- Coordinating the activities of cross-functional engineering teams (HW, SW, Validation)
- Lead and manage the Node.js team.
- Collaborate in architectural decisions.
- Review and participate with the developers in defining new functionalities.
- Preparation of estimations of projects.
- Solid experience managing and leading a dev team.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills, at least level C1.
- You love robust code.
- Analytical and data-driven.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Solid understanding of microservices architecture.
- Experience in mentoring and growing teams.
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to "think outside the box" while identifying problems and designing creative solutions.
- Experience with databases (DynamoDB, Redis).
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience using Jira, Confluence.
- Firm grasp of Git-based source control.
- 100% company paid private medical insurance, including dental coverage, after six months
- Attractive compensation package
- Flexible working hours
- Friday afternoons off
- Opportunity to advance your payroll (under request)
- Unlimited coffee & beverages
- Language classes (English & Spanish)
- Sports channel, which offers online classes until our gym is opened
- Monthly “All Hands” & other team events
- Brand new canteen with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, for a discounted price
- Brand new offices in Zona Franca
- Over 20 different nationalities
- No suits! Unless it’s Carnival or Halloween
Please submit CV in English
*At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.