In Nationale-Nederlanden, multinational in the insurance industry, we seek to complete our workforce with an experienced Head of API to support our IT team.
As a Head of API, your main objectives will be:
An API Manager is a management position specialized in technology and infrastructures (networking, systems, cloud, …). He/she is responsible to provide a stable, scalable, secure and resilient API landscape to enable connectivity not only with third parties but also between internal systems. Additionally will be responsible to set, design and build up the engineering WoW (and tools) together with Cloud, EA, security leads and CTO following IT Strategy.
- Execute security by design. Apply CI/CD pipelines.
- Lead API first approach for the whole portfolio aligned with the CIO strategy.
- Work aligned with DevOps tools for the full LCM for APIs.
- Manage and coordinate IT employees, maintaining Cloud costs are on budget and acting as a link between IT and business.
- IT Manager must also collaborate with colleagues in different departments and require also capacity to adapt and change based on Business/Market requirements, both himself and the company.
- Manage and implement a stable, scalable and fully operational and secure API layer as the main pattern of communication between technical components following headless architecture.
- Manage and coordinate IT employees (planification, agile, engagement, career plan, performance, evaluation, …)
- Manage costs and maintain on budget. Establishing strong partnerships, based on procurement policies, with vendors products and services. This includes negotiating agreements, establishing SLAs, and ensuring contracts are in place to support the IT services.
- Act as a link between IT and business, collaborating with colleagues in different departments.
- Define IT strategy, adapt and change based on Business/Market needs.
- Meet SLAs agreed with business.
- Report and prepare strategies to maintain updated the API architecture and domains, both capacity and lifecycle.
- Define software, hardware and standards in collaboration with the Architects, Secteam and NN Group.
- Maintain applications secure and compliance with NN policies and regulatory requirements.
- Assist the CTO with projects and initiatives.
What we are looking for?
- Understands technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Guides technology investment decisions based on analysis and evaluation to drive targeted business outcomes while ensuring nonfunctional requirements are met.
- Assists with designing the governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance of projects and products.
- Oversees and facilitates the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
- Identifies the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures and culture) and financial impact of the enterprise technology architecture.
- Understands, advocates and augments the business and IT strategies — and, more specifically, EA development and service delivery. Is prepared to “sell” the EA process (overall, not just for enterprise technology architecture), its outcome and ongoing results, and to lead the communication or marketing activities needed to ensure enterprise success and use.
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field
- Strong knowledge of IT methodologies, tools and processes
- Hands-on experience (10 years) with IT technologies, enterprise architecture, API Rest, CI/CD pipelines, ADO, API Management
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum process (also on Project management)
- Solid knowledge of the principles of information technology and hardware/software/Cloud necessary for building domain and atomic APIs
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive procedures
- Proven work experience in managing critical services (99.x)
- Risk management skills: Experience with performance and security is a must.
- Advanced knowledge in DevOps way of working.
- Management Skills employees (planification, agile, engagement, career plan, performance, evaluation, …) at least 5 years.
- Communication Skills.
- Ability to see the big picture maintaining attention to detail.
- Problem solving and Analytical skills.
- Negotiation and financial skills.
What do we offer?
As part of our Employee Experience, we provide a series of competitive benefits that we offer in order to improve the physical, mental and professional well-being of our employees. Among others, here are some benefits that you will find:
- Teleworking hybrid model
- Flexible schedule.
- Wellness program.
- Digital and Agile environment.
- Food allowance.
- E-learning platform.
- Life insurance and pensions plan.