We are currently seeking a skilled and talented Angular & Node developer to join our development team in Dublin to further design, develop and scale our product suite. You will be involved in an ongoing greenfield project to redevelop PSI’s Fusion Application Platform in Angular, Node and Ionic. There will also be the opportunity for you to play a role in defining the future product direction of the company at an exciting time of expansion and growth.
- Work with Product Management to devise and define innovative products, applications and solutions.
- Development of modular, testable and scalable software components within the new Fusion Application Platform.
- Working as a member of a team or on their own to deliver high quality and maintainable software solutions, to set deadlines.
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate and research new options of similar technology and offer suggestions to improve processes.
- Participate in design and development workshops to define new features and products.
- Code optimization improvements, maintenance and refactoring of existing systems.
- Contribute to team process improvements, industry best practice and principles.
Skills & Expertise:
- BS/MS in Computer Science/related technical discipline OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years Angular development experience. We are specifically looking for Angular 2+ experience.
- Knowledge of web frontend techniques (HTML, Typescript, CSS).
- Understanding of non-relational databases such as MongoDB.
- Familiarity with deployment, monitoring and debugging of Angular applications.
- Experience with Ionic a bonus (Ionic 4).
- Experience using Git/GitHub and related source control environments in a distributed team environment.
- Familiarity with RESTful and SOAP services.
- Comfortable working in Windows/Unix/Linux environments, and a deep understanding of hardware architecture/private Cloud infrastructures and deployment methodologies a must.
- Understanding of CI/CD.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and containerization.
- Has prior experience working on a greenfields/startup project in the past.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills – you should be able to propose several viable solutions to complex problems and be able to evaluate the best alternative and estimate the work required.
- You can quickly grasp and learn new technologies and techniques, and can demonstrate you strive to keep up to date with an ever changing industry.
- You have excellent communication skills showing a capability to make clear and meaningful contributions to white board design discussions and offer innovative solutions to complex problems, as well as contribute insights from past experiences.
- You are able to offer concise and regular updates on progress and can highlight issues that might affect progress in order to allow preventative action to be taken.
- You help shape the process as well as the product; assist in refining our approach to development by continually reviewing it and offering innovative ideas to improve it.
- An understanding of the Lean Startup methodology desirable.
- Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills.