APlanet is an award-winning startup on a mission to help organizations improve their sustainability performance. We do this by empowering sustainability and CSR professionals and teams with innovative software tools that allow them to increase the social and environmental value their organizations bring to society.
To help us on our mission, we are looking for a Mid-Senior Frontend to join our growing team. You’ll work hand in hand with Tech and Product teams defining and implementing the finest solutions and user experience for our clients.
You will have a unique and exciting opportunity to work with top professionals and learn about a new emerging sector that is here to stay.
At APlanet, we build software for sustainability professionals to manage their day-to-day. We are already working with dozens of companies, governments, educational institutions, and NGOs in order to increase agility of their internal sustainability processes and improve the quality of their ESG (environmental, social and governance) data.
When joining APlanet, you are joining a passionate team that believes in harnessing the power of technology to change the world for the better. Our experience and culture enable us to create an environment where each team member supports one another in order to achieve our company objectives.
We have a modern stack with no legacy code (for now!). In fact, this role is a wonderful opportunity to play a key part in building a solution from its very initial phases.
We use these frameworks because we think they are the most appropriate to solve our client’s challenges in their journeys to become more sustainable. Having said that, our stack is a team decision and we are always open to different opinions and approaches.
Frontends / PWAs
- React Hooks
- Ant-design mobile
Backend & Infrastructure
- Digital Ocean / Amazon EC2
How we work
- Lean methodology: we use iterative strategies. Our team builds to add value, whether to solve problems for our clients or internal ones.
- Design thinking: we create simple prototypes and user tests, because before we commit to build something, we need to understand what we’ll need. You will have the chance to be involved in this phase of the product design. However, if you prefer to just focus on coding, that’s fine with us too.
- Flexible processes: forget about strict processes and structures. Our team is constantly in contact with stakeholders and we decide for ourselves how we are organized.
- Quality: all the code we provide must be well-structured, efficient and easy to maintain, however, we’re not obsessed with metrics. The best quality standard is for your coworkers to be able to understand your code and work with it.
- Open Source Philosophy: we use OSS when possible, and contribute our improvements back upstream. Once our codebase is mature enough, we plan to release the pieces that could be useful for the community.
What we look for
You will work with each member of our product and tech team, defining and implementing the best solutions for our customers. Our ideal candidate should fit most or at least some of the following requirements and characteristics:
- A dynamic individual who takes pride in being involved in the full process of designing and constructing technological solutions.
- Someone who worries about the scalability, performance, accessibility and maintainability of the products we develop.
- Experience in related areas such as backend development, product design, visual design, etc. is a plus.
- A capable and motivated individual who believes in our mission and our way of working.
At APlanet we believe that talent can come from anywhere. Therefore, we encourage you to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, education, background, or experience.
What we offer
We want you to join the team, grow and help us grow. So we want to offer you the best conditions we can afford.
- 100% remote work, work from home, or in our office. Up to you!
- A flexible work schedule. Work and personal life balance. It’s important for us that you enjoy your free time however you wish to spend it: with family, friends, pets, learning, hobbies, etc.
- Professional and personal growth. Join a growing team, in a growing product and technology centric company, in one of the coolest sectors right now.
- Your opinion matters. We involve everyone in the decision making processes. We’d love to hear your take on strategy, architecture or design.
- Training support with days off for conferences and trainings.
- A social mission and purpose in your day-to-day. Your work has a positive impact on our planet and in the lives of others.
Salary ranges based on experience (open to negotiation):
- mid: 28.000€ – 36.000€.
- senior: 36.000€ – 45.000€.
Send us an email with your CV. We’d like to know why you are interested in joining APlanet, and how you can help us achieve our vision. If possible, send us some code samples or a portfolio so we can learn about your previous work.
Our Product and Technology team will conduct a couple of interviews:
- The first interview will be just an informal meet and greet via phone, Skype or Hangouts.
- The second interview will focus more on your technical skills. We’ll learn more about you and also give you more info about APlanet and how we work. And don’t panic! We won’t ask you about binary search algorithms or the best shape for a manhole cover.
We will give you timely feedback after every step of the hiring process.
Sound good? Get in touch!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We try our best to respond to each candidate, however depending on the volume of applications, it may not always be possible.