We are a high-growth FinTech start-up using data and machine learning to revolutionise the insurance industry. We’re looking for someone to lead our strong and mission driven team, working to build a customer facing product that fundamentally changes the way insurers process risk, enabling them to move from highly manual workflows, to digital risk flows.
Our goal is to transform underwriting for commercial insurance. Using our solutions, insurers of any size can underwrite more accurately and efficiently, improve underwriter productivity and drive profitable growth.
- Member of the 2020 Tech Nation Future Fifty 8.0 Cohort
- Member of the 2020 Insurance Post Insurtech 100
- WINNER - DIAmond Award, DIA Amsterdam 2019
- SILVER - Excellence in Technology - Service Provider, Insurance Times 2019
- WINNER - Best AI Product In Insurance, CogX Innovation Awards 2019
- WINNER - Risk-Modelling Technology of the Year, Insurance Times Awards 2018
This high-growing FinTech Start-up, backed by leading venture capital and supported by builders of some of the world's most successful technology companies, is using data and machine learning to revolutionize the insurance industry.
They are looking for someone to lead their strong and mission-driven team, working to build a customer-facing product that fundamentally changes the way insurers process risk, enabling them to move from highly manual workflows to digital risk flows.
They are an equal-opportunity and value diversity at our company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, coloucolorional origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
It is also a remote-first company. You can be located anywhere within the UK or the EU.
About the Role:
You will be helping to build our clients' serverless-based web application that increases the efficiency and effectiveness of underwriters.
Along with core technical skills, they are excited about colleagues who bring a passion for the craft of inventing and building products from the ground up. This means providing feedback to product managers and the wider company, contributing to roadmaps, and bringing your creativity to bear by suggesting features and improvements based on your technical understanding of what is possible and needed. As the technical face of our product, they are looking for someone who is customer-centric, values-driven, and collaborative with great communication skills.
You will work in an agile, multidisciplinary team of UX designers, engineers, and product managers to build powerful solutions that allow our clients to benefit from its data and automation features. At our client, their values are at the core of our teams and products. They put the customer first, ship fast, and iterate.
You will be working on some of the company’s biggest challenges, including scaling our data processing pipelines (built using Go, Python, Spark, ElasticSearch, Docker, GCP, and TensorFlow/Keras).
They are looking for candidates who are driven to build effective technology solutions that solve significant real-world problems.
- 6 years of experience as a Backend Developer, using Python.
- Strong programming skills gained in a production environment - we use Python (and a little Go) but are open to engineers from any background.
- Pragmatism is about the tradeoffs between perfection and speed.
- Strong commercial awareness and drive to build only those things that create the most business value for our customers.
- Desire to work in an agile environment.
- Drive for continuous improvement in software and development processes (obsessed with developer experience generally, including continuous delivery and automated testing).
- Great team player and ability to help coach and mentor junior members of the team.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to talk to colleagues about your work in a way that educates and inspires.
- Startup experience: building working products quickly.
- A passion for working with large scalable architectures which implement best coding practices, design systems, and testing.
- Exposure to (or interest in) machine learning and natural language processing.
- We use Docker/Kubernetes for continuous integration, so familiarity with concepts around containerization would be useful.
What they offer:
- Stock options
- Enhanced parental leave
- Private health insurance - (UK only*)
- Choice of laptop
- £2000 travel budget
- Company trips
- *We employ people across the UK and EU (using a 3rd party Employer of Record model), and inevitably the benefits that we can offer vary slightly in different territories, due to local employment law and feasibility. Our salary range does not vary depending on the territory.