CoverWallet, an Aon company, is the leading digital insurance platform for small and medium-sized businesses. They are dedicated to making insurance simple, fast and convenient so that businesses around the world can get the protection they need and get back to what matters most - growing and managing their business. Powered by deep analytics, thoughtful design, and state-of-the-art technology, CoverWallet is reinventing the $200 billion commercial insurance market for small and medium-sized businesses.
You will work with business stakeholders and our Engineering team (mostly with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Backend Engineers and SRE’s) to develop and have a real impact on the overall design of the data architecture to allow the growth of CoverWallet, thanks to your exceptionals skills designing, developing, testing, maintaining and optimizing highly data management systems. The position is open in Madrid, Valencia or Sevilla.
What will you do
- Work in a multi-cloud environment with GCP/AWS with cutting-edge technologies like Apache Airflow, Pub/sub, Redshift, Kubernetes, MongoDB, AWS Lambda among others and using Python as your main programming language (but we are open to others) .
- Develop, maintain and optimize high-quality, reliable and robust data pipelines on Kubernetes and Airflow that convert data streams into valuable information.
- Model and architect our data infrastructure building real time streaming and batch processing solutions (Right now we are working with Google Cloud Pub/Sub and Amazon Aurora).
- Design and deploy high-load microservices with strong quality requirements and high business value for the development of Machine Learning models and data tools.
- Keep constantly improving your technical knowledge and expertise by implementing solutions based on open-source projects (e.g. DBT).
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3+ years working in data or software engineering environments.
- Solid background in DWH solutions as Amazon Redshift.
- Expertise in SQL/noSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.).
- Coding proficiency in Python is a must. Additionally at least one programming language (Scala, Go or Ruby) is highly desirable.
- Experience working with bash scripting, Docker, Kubernetes and Linux environments on a daily basis.
- Experience with AWS/GCP stack or another cloud computing platform is highly valuable
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills
- Team player, technology passionate and self-motivated individual.
- Strong communication skills in English.
What You'll Get
- The possibility to disrupt one of the biggest industries, and in one of most developed digital markets in the world.
- Competitive Salary
- Great offices in New York, Madrid, and near the beach in Valencia.
- Competitive and flexible compensation (tickets restaurant, transport card, daycare checks, and external training)
- Company-paid Life and Accident Insurance, and Medical insurance as benefits.
- 23 days of vacation per year.