The Hotels Network is an award-winning technology company providing innovative software (B2B SaaS) for the hospitality industry. Since day one, we've worked hard to bring together an awesome team with deep expertise in hospitality, product design and consumer marketing. United by the mission to help hotel brands increase direct bookings, we build pioneering technology that enables any hotel to optimize their guests’ booking experience and regain their fair share of online revenue. We believe in what we do. As do thousands of hotels around the globe.
Based at our headquarters in Barcelona as well as in other strategic locations around the globe, The Hotels Network team is made up of 90 people from 25 different nationalities. To fuel our continued rapid growth, we are looking for a data scientist to join our team based in Barcelona. This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a very ambitious company at a point where your work will have an immediate impact on its growth and results. And have fun doing it, too.
We are applying machine learning techniques on a unique industry data set built up through interaction with thousands of hotels. We are building algorithms and predictive models to understand consumer behaviour and personalize in real user experience on our client’s websites.
- Analyze the data obtained from web navigation on thousands of hotels worldwide.
- Identify new opportunities, design experiments, build, train and test Machine Learning models, and write efficient production-level code to convert your ML models into working pipelines.
- Use the state of the art of machine learning and optimization techniques to predict the behavior of our millions of web visitors and automatically personalize the web contents of our clients.
- Help us grow our actual python Machine learning platform.
- Work closely with the product and development team to apply those insights to our products.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other data-related field coupled with 2 + years industry experience applying machine learning and statistical modeling .
- Proven track record of completing multiple data science projects end-to-end; from idea generation, objectives formulation, designing to implementation, quality assessment and deliverables.
- Deep theoretical and practical knowledge in Machine Learning and statistics.
- Python proficiency and expertise in python ML libraries ecosystem ( pandas, numpy, sklearn, tensorflow-keras (or pytorch), matplotlib, seaborn, bokeh, ...)
- Strong problem-solving skills, resourceful “hands on” attitude and self-motivation to create. Excited and hungry to keep learning and trying new tools and methods.
What We Value
- Experience in programming with Airflow DAGs
- Familiar with AWS cloud (S3 boto3, ECR’s, …)
- Experience with Dockers and Kubernetes.
- Familiar with linux and software version control platforms like Git (bitbucket) and CI/CD
- Experience working in project development with large data sets
- Practical knowledge in Deep Learning with Keras or TensorFlow (or PyTorch).
- Familiar with agile methodologies
- Experience working in production environments, code reviews, testing, documenting and maintaining.
- Experience with data management/processing in production.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field or topic.
What We Offer
- International environment with over 25 nationalities.
- Nice office in the Center of Barcelona.
- Have a real impact on a fast-growing innovative technology company.
- Continuous internal and external training.
- Healthy work life balance with flexible working hours and 1 day a week remote work policy.
- "Flexible compensation plan” with Ticket Restaurant, Ticket Transport and Bonus for Nursery.
- Coffee, tea, fresh fruit and Friday team breakfast.
- Competitive compensation.
- Hotel perks and discounts.