We are looking for a person with a strong engineering background and good skills in the business intelligence area to complete our Global Markets Data Team. Our team is cross-functional and works side-by-side with stakeholders in capturing, protecting and analysing reliable data to improve Adevinta's products.
You will work in close partnership with our insights teams by providing high-level reporting and recommendations to help them make data-driven decisions but also will provide support to all our international Insights Teams. You will definitely make an analytical impact in world-wide Adevinta Marketplaces.
- Develop or modify datasets, or specify additions or modifications necessary to meet reporting requests coming from Data Analysts and Scientists.
- Ensure the traceability of the data from the origins to the decisional and analytical data structures
- Collaborate with our team of Data Engineers, in order to build on top of highly scalable data integration (ETL) solutions using world-class cloud computing platforms combining a large variety of data sources.
- Develop comprehensive data capture, transformation and visualization solutions
- Collaborate with the Data Platform team to ensure correct use of our data infrastructure, datasets and tooling available.
- Set and coordinate data-quality standards to cover stakeholder needs.
- Substantial experience with large Data Warehouse environments and ETL processes/programming.
- Experience translating business needs into technical requirements from a tracking, reporting and analysis perspective.
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Strong SQL and analytic skills related to working with both structured and unstructured data.
- Successful design, implementation, and deployment of multi-dimensional data models for reporting and analytics.
- Experience with batch and streaming data processing tools (Python, Scala, Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, etc.).
- Working experience with object-oriented design and programming (functional programming is a plus) and development tools like GIT.
- Experiences with BI/Analytics on NoSQL or big data systems (Hadoop, S3, Redshift, etc.).
- Experience with AWS or any other cloud platform
- Understanding of Software Development best practices