We are looking for talented and passionate Data Engineer to join the Data Engineering team in our Barcelona HQ.
Glovo has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands data that is timely, accurate, and actionable. We grow really fast collecting Terabytes of data from tens of data sources and providing interfaces for our internal customers to access and query the data hundreds of thousands of times per day.
As a Data Engineer you will be building and constantly improving Glovo’s reliable and scalable Big Data Platform using technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Spark, Python and many more. Joining us your work will have an immediate influence on the shape of data consumed by teams across Glovo including Central BI, Data Scientists and Business Analysts.
Your depth of experience and past achievements will speak for itself having helped deliver on data platform wide projects that have had significant impact. You have developed complex, scalable and well designed data pipelines and defined engineering standards which have helped different data teams achieve efficiency while providing mentoring and technical leadership where necessary. You will be at times working independently and at other times within a team to achieve a given goal. Others respect you and you are a sought out Data Engineer because of your expertise and depth of knowledge.
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Design, implement and keep improving Glovo Data Platform
- Build scalable data pipelines using different technologies
- Participate in the development of Data Lake, Data Warehouse, different methods of data ingestion and Self Service ETL tools using best architectural practices.
- Mentor & share technical expertise with data engineers, data scientists, BI analysts and other technology colleagues
- Be on top of new technologies and industry trends
- At least 3+ years of software/data engineering experience
- At least 2+ years experience in Python and Spark
- Professional experience building complex ETLs/data pipelines
- Working experience with Amazon Web Services / Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with task orchestration tools (Airflow, Luigi)
- Cloud Data Warehousing experience in Redshift or another distributed platform (e.g. Hadoop + Hive/Presto, BigQuery or Snowflake)
- Experience in Data Streaming (Spark, Flume, Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, etc.)
- Import and transform data from many third-party APIs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good English
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working with AWS EMR, AWS Glue, Databricks
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in building Data Lake
- Orchestration of Machine Learning pipelines
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
- If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
- At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.